Thread: Factory Pump Milled Euro Body for Classic RT???

Factory Pump Milled Euro Body for Classic RT???

I honestly don't recall that the Classic RT bodies were ever pump milled. I came across a Euro Body for classic RT that is definitely factory milled.
    Were they all this way? is this an anomaly? anybody remember?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    AGD is in the house!
    Custom gun builds. All the parts. New Website. Factory Service available!
    www.airgundesigns.com

Sounds like an anomaly, I remember hearing a lot of options for the rt but not that one. It could also be my memory is failing me too, any one else. How did you come across that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I bought an RTC a couple years ago that was pump milled. Unfortunately the internal ring that the spring stops on was busted and free floating (which the seller did not disclose to me.) I contacted you about a possible fix for this. But yeah, I was surprised to see the factory pump milling. It was a regular power feed though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would wager that is factory based on the machining.

I didn't even think it was possible for the rt to be made in to a pump...... learn something new everyday. I wonder how many of those bodies are out in circulation?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I would wager that is factory based on the machining.
    Luke, It's clearly factory prior to polishing and it matches what the other original bodies are milled like. I just don't ever recall ever seeing a body like this before. I've seen a few guns over the years and don't recall this being made. I guess John Sosta was making some stuff that didn't make it much over here.

Found the pic of the one I had.

Anyway of reaching out to John and finding out? I'm curious to know how many would be out in the wild.

i just had 3 classic rt bodies come across my bench that were all pump milled. 2 euros and 1 standard rt body.

Were the rails pump milled also ?

I would think the rail would be the hens tooth part of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Were the rails pump milled also ?

I would think the rail would be the hens tooth part of the equation.
    the rails were not. I think they were all cut from the same material and it was just easier to run them through the machine that was setup for pump milling than to change it.

Yeah that's crazy! Obviously more bodies are out there but I never see rails. Pinky, I think you are probably right. The bodies may have been all run at the same time and they just didn't change the programming for the pump. But it does not seem like the rails ever had the same bonus....

You need that ring put back in!

Quote Originally Posted by awo702 View Post
    Found the pic of the one I had.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    You need that ring put back in!
    Someone wanted it so I ended up getting a couple bucks for it not long after I originally emailed you about the issue.

This makes me want to inspect all of my RT bodies out of curiosity. I never even thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I guess John Sosta was making some stuff that didn't make it much over here.
    Is this the AGD Europe guy? Would he also be the one responsible for the euro-feed Minimag bodies that appeared in Eclipse catalogs back in the day, and that are almost NEVER seen here? I think in my entire time here I've only seen one pop up.

The one that "Ando" picked up last decade? Yeah, I want one too but they're indeed never seen. Either that very, very few were made, some are just collecting dust in someone's closest, or a combination of the two.
    >>WTB<< Sydarm w/ constant air__WarpedMephisto half-c/f body__Ac!d c/f trigger__TASO humpback frame__an Oh-Mag

Quote Originally Posted by Konigballer View Post
    Is this the AGD Europe guy? Would he also be the one responsible for the euro-feed Minimag bodies that appeared in Eclipse catalogs back in the day, and that are almost NEVER seen here? I think in my entire time here I've only seen one pop up.
    Yeah he was the AGD Europe guy. Bunny might know more about the appearance of those types of bodies from over the pond. Bunny bought out Johns remaining personal inventory several years ago. Had to include a few Euro bodies.