Thread: Take me to Xmag school

Take me to Xmag school

So I got this xmag project in the mail the other day and I have noob questions:

-How many of these were made? This body is raw, were the bodies available separately? Or did someone strip this one?

-Is the breach really just held in by the barrel? Why is the body behind the breach also threaded like that?

-Is there a c-clip / washer setup in these like the ULE bodies?

-Is the feedneck press fit? What are guys doing to adapt a clamping feedneck?

-Has anyone come up with a good hardline or hose setup other than the massive loop? I guess I could live with a heatshrinked stainless hose that was braced / attached near the battery somehow?

-What does the original battery case look like? Is it smooth or milled? The battery case on this one clashes with the body, just looks wrong.

-What colors/anno schemes were available and popular with xmag? It seems most are gloss black?

I’m sure I’ll have more questions once the battery arrives

Last edited by salomon16; 10-20-2019 at 10:57 AM.

-Is the breach really just held in by the barrel? Why is the body behind the breach also threaded like that?

Yep the barrel holds it in place, it is a PITA if you need to remove the barrel and still have a full hopper on the gun. As for those threads behind the breech - the seller said he didn't have the stainless insert that the bolt spring rests against, you will need this. Claims you can get them from AGD, but I didn't get a response on that from Tim so I didn't bid.
    Steve Shuey , Team Crimson Reign

Quote Originally Posted by salomon16 View Post

-How many of these were made? This body is raw, were the bodies available separately? Or did someone strip this one? i believe some were sold from tuna that were raw body kits.

-Is the breach really just held in by the barrel? Why is the body behind the breach also threaded like that? yes the breach is held in with the barrel. The spot behind the breach is a threaded plug that the bolt spring rests against. you will likely need to have either agd,tuna or bigevil install it.

-Is there a c-clip / washer setup in these like the ULE bodies?see above. no c-clip/washer

-Is the feedneck press fit? What are guys doing to adapt a clamping feedneck? bigevil, myself and nummech all offer feedneck mods.

-Has anyone come up with a good hardline or hose setup other than the massive loop? I guess I could live with a heatshrinked stainless hose that was braced / attached near the battery somehow? generally on the emags the only option is the big loop, it could be with a same style hardline as the classic rt, but the push in ones that people are doing with the ccm fittings i dont think will work.

-What does the original battery case look like? Is it smooth or milled? The killing on this one clashes with the body, just looms wrong. the original battery packs i think can with either straight milling or the flame looking one.

-What colors/anno schemes were available and popular with xmag? It seems most are gloss black? they came in a variety of colors. i want to say there is a album of production pics some where on here, maybe in the ao archives section in the header.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDRetro View Post

Yep the barrel holds it in place, it is a PITA if you need to remove the barrel and still have a full hopper on the gun. As for those threads behind the breech - the seller said he didn't have the stainless insert that the bolt spring rests against, you will need this. Claims you can get them from AGD, but I didn't get a response on that from Tim so I didn't bid.
    tuna might have some... but im not sure.

Thanks for all the info guys!

Tuna is the savior of this xmag, as he had a breach bushing he could sell me

Plus I ordered a battery from you Ryan. Looking forward to finding if the electronics work.

I think I’m gonna smooth out the waves milled into the battery case starting with 80 grit. Or Dremel...

Is feedneck mod done before or after anodizing?

Battery arrived today, and I'm lucky again! Board has all the modern modes and the solenoid pulls.

Really nice product from RKM designs on the battery. Fit perfect, went in perfect and I know nothing about e/xmags

Should end up being a sweet project!
    AGD is in the house!
    Custom gun builds. All the parts. New Website. Factory Service available!
    www.airgundesigns.com

The funny thing is, TK hated them... just saying, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    The funny thing is, TK hated them... just saying, lol
    I kinda see why....

Compared to my bare bones ULE body RT, this thing is heavy, blocky, complicated, and expensive.

For what? an electronic trigger? to be part of the tournament paintball scene?

Not really TK's style... If you watch stuff on youtube with him in that era, he comments on how the only thing people care about is looks / anno / speed. Quality and reliability were most important to him.

Also it seems like the Xmag was born during a time of transition and uncertainty in AGD's and the paintball industry's future

BTW there is a super spammy website I found with some good info

www.xmagworld.com

this website is not recommended for mobile device!

Quote Originally Posted by salomon16 View Post
    I kinda see why....

Compared to my bare bones ULE body RT, this thing is heavy, blocky, complicated, and expensive.

For what? an electronic trigger? to be part of the tournament paintball scene?
    I agree actually, I would prefer a well tuned ULE trigger to an electronic one myself, but one cannot deny that an E/X-Mag in Hybrid mode is just ridiculous fun!