Thread: How to ping

How to ping

What's the best method to widen the trigger rod? Heat and a hammer?

Why would you need to widen the rigger pin? Seriously. I think i would know why but please do tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Why would you need to widen the rigger pin? Seriously. I think i would know why but please do tell.

You have 2 options. 1x getting a new pin. If the old hole was made larger, through abuse or missunderstanding, then you need to drill both the frame and trigger to accept the new larger size pin. You cannot put more material onto the pin. Or option 2, you try to flatten on side of the pin to grab whatever material is left on the frame. Insuspect that you didn't know how the pin was set up, with the 1 way in/out, and beat the pin out the wrong way, scoring the hole causing the looseness.

But that is what i suspect. The damage has been done, might as well tell what happened, because that is the only way to fix it properly.

Negative, my frame was stripped and anno'd and now has a slightly larger hole. All my stock agd pins have flat dimples in them used to make the pin larger on one side so it would fit snug. I'm asking what tool and method was used to make those impressions in the first place if anyone knows...

Similar thing happened to my dye trigger frame after ano - I ended up drilling and tapping the trigger pin hole for small grub Allen screw (6/32 x 1/2” long I believe) A little blue loctite and it doesn’t back out or have any play. Diameter of the grub screw worked well with the trigger I’m using.

For me it was a last resort because I too tried flattening the stock pin I had after buying a fresh pin from AGD. So yea, after a fresh ano job, I put a drill to it (lol) and took my time, it turned out better than I had expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bishopfolds View Post
    I ended up drilling and tapping the trigger pin hole for small grub Allen screw (6/32 x 1/2” long I believe) A little blue loctite and it doesn’t back out or have any play.
    +1

I've done this with lots of frames just because I think a 1/2-inch 6-32 screw provides a much better pull than the AGD stock trigger pin. A 6-32 tap is about $6 on eBay, and it will greatly reduce the side-to-side slop. The hole in the trigger and frame is already big enough. All you have to do is put the trigger in the frame and run the tap through the whole way. It will mar the anno inside the hole, obviously, but you'll never notice it in there.

If you're not comfortable with taps, however, you could try a Dye trigger pin. Their old stock pins are 0.122", which is slightly larger than AGD's 0.118" pins. If you're interested in that option, send me a PM. I've got a few I don't need. You can have them for the price of shipping, which will probably only cost a few bucks. You might have to still sand them down to fit, but that won't take long. Just put the pin in a drill with the end sticking out, grab that tip with some sandpaper, and spin away until it fits.