You have a problem! You own a piece of paintball history but can't get replacement parts for it! What kind of masochist would do this to themselves!?!? You would!

Your current problem? The spring in your AGD 6-pak is wearing out and not feeding correctly. Rumor has it that Tom Kaye laughed at the last person to ask him for a spring because they were hard for him to make the first time around

But what if you would replace it for nothing more than about $10, a few swear words and a couple of frosty beverages?

Have no fear! It can be done!

What to order? M-14 magazine spring

Here is the one I got if the link still works forever

https://www.keepshooting.com/m14-magazine-spring.html

Really they are pretty easy to find though.

What to do

1) remove the lower cap, take out the spring and follower, remove the original spring from the setup

2) one end of the m14 spring has a rounded portion to it, that end sits great in the lower cap. So put it down. See photo below step 6

3) the upper section needs a lot of work though, I used needle nose vice grips (2 if you have them) and normal vice grips a lot. First, cut one full loop off. The full size m14 spring is a little too long

4) next, you need to put 2 "V"s in each end of the first 2 loops. This is because in stock trim the m14 spring is too wide for the very top of the 6pak. You'll notice the same thing in the original spring, the top 2 loops are more narrow. IMPORTANT: make sure these Vs face DOWN. if they face up the follower won't sit level

5) put a hook in the very end of the top of the spring, this is to hook the spring in place on the follower around the little center post. Position the spring on the follower so it's largely in the middle. (See hook in above photo)

6) I almost gave up before I found this one. One big problem I had was my spring was trying to go into a C shape as I compressed it. I put about a 45 degree bend in the very bottom spring to lean the spring back in the opposite direction. This one will largely depend on your situation but it worked great for me

That's about all, it's a lot of massaging and fiddling but mine is feeding better than ever now

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk