Thread: X valve velocity issue?

X valve velocity issue?

I just rebuilt one of my x valves and honestly havnt used a mag in quite a few years. When I go from shooting a single shot to full rt I'm getting about a 20 fps spike upwards in fps. What do I need to look into here?

Thanks,

Are you chronoing correctly? Take a shot...hold the trigger back...take a shot...hold the trigger back.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

I'm using a virtue clock. When I chrono correctly no issue but when I run a stream of paint over it and it shows me the variance I'm getting a +20 fps reading. So for instance one shot 245 one shot 247 one shot 245 then I rt and I'm getting 295 with a +/-20 fps. I know clocks aren't the most accurate and shooting a stream of paint isnt giving me an actual fps but I dont want to go out to the field and hit someone with a super hot shot.

Quote Originally Posted by magman313 View Post
    I'm using a virtue clock. When I chrono correctly no issue but when I run a stream of paint over it and it shows me the variance I'm getting a +20 fps reading. So for instance one shot 245 one shot 247 one shot 245 then I rt and I'm getting 295 with a +/-20 fps. I know clocks aren't the most accurate and shooting a stream of paint isnt giving me an actual fps but I dont want to go out to the field and hit someone with a super hot shot.
    The velocity will rise when the valve gets hot. That is why you are not supposed to RT and you must chrono it correctly.