Thread: x-mag not firing in E or hybrid mode

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

x-mag not firing in E or hybrid mode

Xmag was tested before purchase and functioned. Disassembled and sent it off for ano. Came back and i reassembled it. During reassemble the power on/off switch broke off the board, not a big deal, i soldered it back on. Inserted battery, and clicked the switch and the board powered up. I pull the trigger...nothing.

I cycle through the xmod 1.8 options, i verify that ACE is turned off. I put the battery back in the charger to verify it was good (no low battery indicators, board is brightly lit).

I deduce that I probably damaged the hall sensor during reinstall, so I order a new one. The new hall sensor did not resolve the problem.

I verified the magnet was properly adjusted toward the sensor, even holding a magnet directly (tried both polar ends) on it just to be sure that wasn't the issue.

Set the board mode to "MOD PR-T" to see if it registers any kind of trigger activation. Nothing.

No solenoid activity, seemingly no hall sensor activity. I gotta be missing something stupid here.

edit: is it possible the switch was not properly soldered or that ace board was damaged during the soldering in a way that would cause the main board to still illuminate but not activate the the solenoid/hall sensor? I could try bypass the board probably, basically wire it like a standard emag if you guys think the ACE board is damaged. thanks.
    Last edited by dahoeb; 08-13-2020 at 10:00 PM.