Thread: X-Valve Woes...

X-Valve Woes...

[Solved]

I've got an X-Valve that wants to go full auto as soon as I put pressure on the trigger.

Current set up is L10 and ULT with 3 shims.

I put an RT on/off in there to eliminate the ULT being the culprit. Same results. At this point I'm thinking reg valve pin assembly. Pulled it out through some oil on it and tested again. No dice. The o-rings looked good, but just to say I did, I went ahead and replaced them.

Honestly at this point I am stumped as to what could be going on with this thing.
    Last edited by cbstalter; 08-25-2020 at 01:56 PM. Reason: [Solved]

Change the reg pin orings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    Change the reg pin orings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just did. Same thing.

have you tried backing the velocity adjuster all the way and and back in?

also how do the little spring washers on the reg pin look? are they collapsed or still arched?

There are only a few air paths into the front chamber past orings that could cause a valve to go full auto. They are the on-off top, the reg valve seat, the reg valve pin back orings, and the reg valve front pair of orings. You changed the on-off, so that one shouldn't be the problem. You changed the reg pin orings. The front valve pin orings shouldn't be the issue or you would be getting air venting out the hole in the top of the valve. Make sure there isn't an extra oring stuck in the on-off area.

Check your sear. If the issue isn't oring related, then it could be a worn sear. What rail are you using? If it is an automag rail, check that the sear pin is fully pressed into the recess.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

missing an oring in the on/off hole....
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

What input pressure are you using?

Sorry for they delay in a response. But I finally got a chance to take another look at the valve this morning.

Spring washers look good. As does the sear. I'm running a RT ule rail. No extra o-rings anywhere. Input pressure is somewhere between 800and 850, whatever ninja regs are preset too.

Anywho, I replace the reg pin o-rings again this morning and that has fixed the issues. Guess the valve didn't like the first set I put in. Who knows.

But thank you everyone for the input, all of your knowledge is always greatly appreciated.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cbstalter View Post
    Anywho, I replace the reg pin o-rings again this morning and that has fixed the issues. Guess the valve didn't like the first set I put in. Who knows.
    The original orings might just have had a piece of dirt caught in them. Sometimes just the act of removing, cleaning and installing the same orings can fix a leak too. Good to hear you got it working.