Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Democrats Threaten To Pack Supreme Court

Quote Originally Posted by rawbutter View Post
    Um, when have the Dems ever claimed that Trump was blowing the pandemic out of proportion? Please, find me that story. I'll wait.
    “We have right now a crisis with the coronavirus, emanating from China,” Biden said on Jan. 31 at a campaign event in Iowa. “A national emergency worldwide alerts. The American people need to have a president who they can trust what he says about it, that he is going to act rationally about it. In moments like this, this is where the credibility of the president is most needed, as he explains what we should and should not do. This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia – hysterical xenophobia – and fearmongering to lead the way instead of science.”

In an op-ed published several days prior in USA Today, Biden similarly argued: “The possibility of a pandemic is a challenge Donald Trump is unqualified to handle as president.” Biden wrote that he recalled “how Trump sought to stoke fear and stigma during the 2014 Ebola epidemic.” Trump, Biden wrote, “railed against the evidence-based response our administration put in place — which quelled the crisis and saved hundreds of thousands of lives — in favor of reactionary travel bans that would only have made things worse.”

So...Biden said that the travel restrictions were not rational and hysterical (In other words...blown out of proportion). Keep in mind...at the point Biden made these statements we already had confirmed cases here in the US. Worldwide we were already at a death toll of more than 200 and an exponential jump to more than 9800 cases...this was in less than a month of public being aware of it.
    Last edited by wetwrks; 09-28-2020 at 01:50 PM.

(Wearing a mask is more about protecting yourself from others than protecting others from you.)
    Um...that is not what the experts are saying.

Studies on the new coronavirus and other germs show wearing a mask helps stop infected people from spreading disease to others. Evidence also suggests that masks may offer some protection for the people wearing them.

*may* *some protection*

While some droplets may still spread out, wearing a mask could reduce the amount, providing a benefit to others.

https://apnews.com/article/16cc7a31a...d1e56a89df5d49

If the mask is only about protecting yourself then why are they so hellbent on everyone wearing them? My body my choice as your side likes to chant all so often.

When you kids have had enough of high taxes and paying for free everything for everyone lets us know. It will happen when you grow up.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    When you kids have had enough of high taxes and paying for free everything for everyone lets us know. It will happen when you grow up.
    This quote has been attributed to a number of people...

“If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.”

Quote Originally Posted by wetwrks View Post
    this quote has been attributed to a number of people...

“if you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.”
    :d

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Exactly what a Communist would say.
    Funnily enough, that is the same thing that Tuna says. Guess he is the ultimate red, a red communist...

“We have right now a crisis with the coronavirus, emanating from China,” Biden said on Jan. 31 at a campaign event in Iowa. “A national emergency worldwide alerts. The American people need to have a president who they can trust what he says about it, that he is going to act rationally about it. In moments like this, this is where the credibility of the president is most needed, as he explains what we should and should not do. This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia – hysterical xenophobia – and fearmongering to lead the way instead of science.”

In an op-ed published several days prior in USA Today, Biden similarly argued: “The possibility of a pandemic is a challenge Donald Trump is unqualified to handle as president.” Biden wrote that he recalled “how Trump sought to stoke fear and stigma during the 2014 Ebola epidemic.” Trump, Biden wrote, “railed against the evidence-based response our administration put in place — which quelled the crisis and saved hundreds of thousands of lives — in favor of reactionary travel bans that would only have made things worse.”

So...Biden said that the travel restrictions were not rational and hysterical (In other words...blown out of proportion). Keep in mind...at the point Biden made these statements we already had confirmed cases here in the US. Worldwide we were already at a death toll of more than 200 and an exponential jump to more than 9800 cases...this was in less than a month of public being aware of it.
    Yes, because the travel restrictions did nothing, and in fact only limited, NOT STOP all flights to or from China. Besides the point, that the virus already was here, and though restrictions may have hindered those already effected, it did nothing to stop the virus in the first place.

Add in the fact that, these travel restrictions could have been put in place way before they were implemented & the US could have gotten ahead of the disease by following the WHO guidelines, but were denigrated & passed off as fake news.

Um...that is not what the experts are saying.

Studies on the new coronavirus and other germs show wearing a mask helps stop infected people from spreading disease to others. Evidence also suggests that masks may offer some protection for the people wearing them.

*may* *some protection*

While some droplets may still spread out, wearing a mask could reduce the amount, providing a benefit to others.

https://apnews.com/article/16cc7a31a...d1e56a89df5d49

If the mask is only about protecting yourself then why are they so hellbent on everyone wearing them? My body my choice as your side likes to chant all so often.
    The same "logic" was put to test by seatbelt laws & even helmet laws for motorcycles. You will always hear of a story of some person who by miracle, was not killed when they didn't wear a seatbelt or the seatbelt could have caused more bodily harm. Sure, it is a statistical anomaly that this 1 instance, yet do you not wear a seltbelt?

As for wearing them, why should you be the only one not to wear it? What gives you the right to say that you are above the guidelines? If everyone would take that stand, then no one would be wearing one, and we would have rampant infections spreading worse than it already is. If, everyone wears a mask, then it should be, not a right of your body above others, it should be a concern of the health of all people, ot just yourself. If you wear the mask, the quicker we can quell the spread & infections, the faster we can begin to lift restrictions. If you would look at other countries, you will see that masks work, and have nothing to do with hindering your rights.

Well maybe that is because your president is scamming the government by not paying his own taxes and we have to make up the difference. Makes you wonder, huh?

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

But seriously, I don't see how this proves your point. At all. All you've done is quote some times that Biden said Trump was stupid. And he was right.

Biden did say that Trump's travel ban idea was stupid (and blown out of proportion, I guess), but he was talking then about the 2014 Ebola crisis, not the current epidemic. Different situation.

Now, to be fair, Trump has said many times that Biden and the Dems said he was overreacting, and they later admitted that he was right. So if you only listen to Trump and Fake Fox News and never look into things yourself, I could see how you would be confused. But Trump was lying when he said that stuff. He lies all the time. So, I stand by my original point.

“If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart. If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.”
    If I'm brainless, then what does that say about you? Cause I'm making you all look dumb.

We don't want free stuff. We just want the taxes that we already pay to go towards things that help more people (like cheaper healthcare and education instead of war planes and tanks).

We also don't hate cops, by the way. We just want them to be held responsible when they make mistakes and kill people. (They're really not supposed to do that.)

We don't hate rich people. We just think that they should pay higher taxes than the rest of us. (Most of them don't.) Who really needs a billion dollars anyway?

We don't hate big business. We just don't think that they should be allowed to pollute the planet and underpay their workers and do all the other crap that they do so their shareholders will be happy.

And we're not trying to steal the supreme court. We're just mad that the Republicans did back in 2016. Seriously. How does a party do that and then still have the gall to call themselves the "law and order" party?

[IMG]https://miro.medium.com/max/625/1*zJmlxvqTsZWO6Q7kYx35Pg.jpeg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Well maybe that is because your president is scamming the government by not paying his own taxes and we have to make up the difference. Makes you wonder, huh?
    Seriously. Today I learned that I paid more taxes last year than Trump. Why does anyone still like this goon?

Seriously. Today I learned that I paid more taxes last year than Trump. Why does anyone still like this goon?
    Well to be fair, when one person goes through an election to one of the highest scrutinized, highest objectified, highest, most visible sest in the US, the media is out to get you. Every little thing you do is going to be reported on, analyzed, opinionated upon. So one would have to bury many, many skeletons from their closet, bury hundreds upon thousands of documents, distance themselves from tens of hundreds of bad influences, add in a dash of transparency and none of this would be seen. Then maybe all those of 'the pot calling the kettle black', about various email frauds, collusion with foreign businesses/governments, tax fraud, tax evasion(hey, if Wesley Snipes & Al Capone can go to jail for it, so can Trump...), embezzlement, insurance fraud and all the lying, would not have been looked at so hard.

I mean, sure 1 or 2 of those things could be fabrications, but at least Trump will go down(pun intended) as one of the most famous presidents we have had...

Hey idiots... Trump doesnt write the tax laws. Tax avoidance within the law is not a crime. Do you think that after 3.5 yrs and about 40 million dollars trying they would have found SOMETHING criminal? Where is it? Maybe go ask Adam Schifforbrains...he has the evidence. You have been lied to and fail to admit it.

Hey idiots... Trump doesnt write the tax laws. Tax avoidance within the law is not a crime. Do you think that after 3.5 yrs and about 40 million dollars trying they would have found SOMETHING criminal? Where is it? Maybe go ask Adam Schifforbrains...he has the evidence. You have been lied to and fail to admit it.
    My dear fool, i am not naive to think that any and all millionaires don't have lawyers & accountants that will weasel out the best possible outcome so they pay as little as possible, but it is preposterous to think that someone who says he is worth 'Billions', yells that Obama should have paid more on his taxes, states that avoiding paying taxes is against the law and everyone should be paying it, to literally pay less than a waitress making $2/hr in federal taxes. I don't expect him to pay a flat rate, but i want him to pay more than he has to the US Government than he does to the FOREIGN GOVERNMENTS(again, there is that collusion topic) of India, the Philippinesor Panama(which is a tax haven), or call out other businesses that are paying their fair share like Amazon.

So if you want to believe the BS of tax avoidance, be my guest(not that you Tuna, need my permission) but that much avoidance is way over what any one person should or expect to get. Of course, this would all go away if or when Trump's taxes would be released. Then the government, the states & the people will find out exactly what is going on with these numbers.

If the Democrats come back into power and pack the court, it will come back to bite them in the ass, just like the Nuclear Option did. When President Obama nominated Garland Merrick his party did not hold the Senate, so his nomination went nowhere. Had the Democrats held the Senate at that time Merrick would be sitting on the supreme court. This time around the Republican party holds the White House and the Senate so they can do what they want when it comes to nominations. It is a check and balance thing.

Considering President Trump has donated his complete presidential salary to the US Government, he certainly has paid more than $750.
    When trolls run scared. Mrs E, " Doug I will effin cut you!"

So you're saying that the leader of the free world should do nothing except think about the Chinese virus? That's low IQ and absurd by any standard.

Name:  rawbut.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  75.7 KB

You guys realize you aren't changing anyone's mind with the America hating idiocy you learned from your marxist college professors ?

Pump the brakes pump the brakes ...

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    You guys realize you aren't changing anyone's mind with the America hating idiocy you learned from your marxist college professors ?

Instead of hitting the brakes I suggest we just steer them towards a cliff edge.

So you're saying that the leader of the free world should do nothing except think about the Chinese virus? That's low IQ and absurd by any standard.
    No. Take the information and put it to better use than ignoring it, go against advice & health guidelines by the doctors, you prepare for the upcoming danger, not look to put blame. Because we do not know how well that could have been, as to what has been done cost 204k deaths.

Instead of hitting the brakes I suggest we just steer them towards a cliff edge.
    What the hell is wrong with you?

I don't agree with most of what you've said in this thread or the other one about defunding the police, but I would never makes jokes about killing you. I don't even know how to respond to that.

You know what? I'm out. I'm not arguing with people who are so disrespectful. You too, Going-Home. I still remember your rooftop voting comment. I shouldn't have let it slide then. I'm not standing for it any more.

If it were up to me you'd both be banned for a while. Disagreements and arguments are one thing. But you've crossed the line.

That is assuming that you or any of the other hardliners could have their minds changed. I honestly, am not in this TO CHANGE anyone's mind, i am just bringing up the other side in a fair balance. This is a paintball site, not any one political website. It is unfair to everyone to only have 1 view point, so i take it upon myself to help represent an opposing view. If i change anyone's mind, for one or the other, so be it. I just have ethics, morals, decorum, intelligence, integrity; so i have no clue why anyone would want to support the buffoon in charge, or how anyone could sell their soul to support the man in office that is literally bringing down my country.

And a marxist professor would have a totally different set of ethics than anyone here is displaying. Please look up these terms, cause you toss around socialist, communist & fascist, and you have no clue as to what they mean, only that foxnews et al, use them.

Quote Originally Posted by pillage View Post
    If the Democrats come back into power and pack the court, it will come back to bite them in the ass, just like the Nuclear Option did. When President Obama nominated Garland Merrick his party did not hold the Senate, so his nomination went nowhere. Had the Democrats held the Senate at that time Merrick would be sitting on the supreme court. This time around the Republican party holds the White House and the Senate so they can do what they want when it comes to nominations. It is a check and balance thing.

Considering President Trump has donated his complete presidential salary to the US Government, he certainly has paid more than $750.
    While true that 2016, the dems didn't hold the senate, yet that wasn't what the senate chose to oppose the nomination. They had said, and has been thoroughly sited, and repeated, that in an Election year, that it would be unfair to the people, to not have a say in who is the next person able to nominate a court judge. Now, it is true that the WH and senate are in Republican hands, giving them the advantage to push it through. It is only fair to hold the same rules for one side to the other. Because if the dems had the senate & Trump won in 2016, wouldn't he & then the Republican party then threaten or even push to pack the court?

Checks & balances should go both ways.

He might have donated his salary, but because of his obfuscation of any truth, or the paperwork of the donation, i highly doubt that. An answer that can be easily solved with release of Trump's taxes

I don't agree with most of what you've said in this thread or the other one about defunding the police, but I would never makes jokes about killing you. I don't even know how to respond to that.

You know what? I'm out. I'm not arguing with people who are so disrespectful.So wait, this is about respect now all of a sudden ? You too, Going-Home. I still remember your rooftop voting comment. Your memory is failing you, I never said that. I shouldn't have let it slide then. I'm not standing for it any more.

If it were up to me you'd both be banned for a while. Disagreements and arguments are one thing. But you've crossed the line.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    He might have donated his salary, but because of his obfuscation of any truth, or the paperwork of the donation, i highly doubt that. An answer that can be easily solved with release of Trump's taxes
    If CNBC doesn't question it then he is pretty likely doing as he said he would.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/03/trum...ronavirus.html

USAToday as well

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ey/5410134002/

Moreover if he weren't then people from those departments would be all over the news calling him out on it.

If CNBC doesn't question it then he is pretty likely doing as he said he would.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/03/trum...ronavirus.html

USAToday as well

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ey/5410134002/

Moreover if he weren't then people from those departments would be all over the news calling him out on it.
    Ok, i guess i am wrong about it. The proof is in the pudding, as it were.

I never said that...
    Dude, I'm sorry. Seriously. You're right. I went back and double-checked, and it was wetwrks, not you.

Okay... Now I'm really out. See you all later.

There it is again..

You know what? I'm out. I'm not arguing with people who are so disrespectful. You too, Going-Home. I still remember your rooftop voting comment. I shouldn't have let it slide then. I'm not standing for it any more.

Your communist attitude is astounding.

If it were up to me you'd both be banned for a while.

Beep Beep

Name:  beep beep.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  38.6 KB

The fact that so many “supposed adults” don’t know anything about tax law and the difference between income taxes and capitol gains taxes is sad and pathetic.