Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cool Hand Luke

Quote Originally Posted by brokeass_baller View Post
    I, too, would love a single trigger that is compatible with .45 grips. Pneumags were never my thing, but my UMF was like crack. I loved that frame.
    Truth is these aren't UMF frames, all the original specs were scrapped and the frame was completely redesigned with Intelli specs where it matters, there wont be a 45 grip option, sorry.
    These can be ran without pneumatics but you have to use the aluminum panels..
    Last edited by luke; 11-05-2020 at 02:08 PM.

Thank you for this! I may end up doing that since I plan on using the single trigger pneu frame to spice up some classic mags.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I'm including a spot drill to locate the twist lock assembly hole for those wanting to use those barrels, it will stick out into the trigger guard a little ways though.
    Attachment 102199

Sweet! Don't forget to share some build pictures, I love seeing what you guys come up with.

Here we go guys, first of the double COOL HaND Luke frames...

Name:  Cool Hanf Luke Double Production Start.JPG
Views: 597
Size:  132.8 KB

Nice.

Here we go guys, first of the double COOL HaND Luke frames...

Name:  Cool Hanf Luke Double Production Start.JPG
Views: 597
Size:  132.8 KB
    prolly sounds dumb, but its cool to see these types of machining pictures.

CHL grip frames are done. Been working on grip panels for a few days, triggers to follow..

Name:  CHL complete.JPG
Views: 515
Size:  83.5 KB

CHL grip frames are done. Been working on grip panels for a few days, triggers to follow..

First few frames I could build hit the post office this morning, but there's more production to do.

Name:  Cool Hand Luke T Rex Build.JPG
Views: 474
Size:  115.2 KB

Name:  CHL Double.JPG
Views: 477
Size:  119.7 KB

Cool Hand Luke

They look great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks AWO!

just a note, these panels look flat but they are 3d machined like previous versions I've done.

Hey Luke, are you offering the frame with T-Rex and LPR already installed?

Quote Originally Posted by npaiva86 View Post
    Hey Luke, are you offering the frame with T-Rex and LPR already installed?
    I dont have it listed that way but if you order the parts it will ship fully assembled. These will be available in black but I dont have ano costs yet..

I haven't given many updates on the COOL HaND LUKE frames, but as promised I haven't taken any days off, I even worked the holidays. Anyway I'm close to wrapping up the project. The first, ready for production single trigger prototype came of the mill yesterday and I have one more program to run on the new Katana-2 double today. I've tightened up the specs, machining, and fixtures for the new triggers. All triggers will now be setup with the double magnet return system, a magnet in the trigger and grip frame. All frames, either pneumatic or mechanical will ship with magnets. I eliminated the top adjuster screw on the trigger and removed the typical extra forward travel from the design. These are designed with factory sear rod specs in mind.

Name:  CHL Single Trigger Prototype.JPG
Views: 464
Size:  94.9 KB

Name:  CHL Single Mag Return.JPG
Views: 463
Size:  110.3 KB

Name:  CHL Single T Rex.JPG
Views: 463
Size:  39.1 KB
    Last edited by luke; 01-03-2021 at 12:17 PM.

Looking great.

Awesome, best single trigger frame available now! I plan to use the twist lock setup, should be easy to drill through since you pre-drilled it, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zone Drifter View Post
    I plan to use the twist lock setup, should be easy to drill through since you pre-drilled it, right?
    Yes sir you can, if you look close at the bottom picture you can see the "spot" location.

Trigger production is underway on both double and singles. I'm guessing I'll finish up the CHL project this week. Armada bodies and rails will fall right in line after the triggers are done, those will finish up fast. Both double and single frames have shipped for customers that are not buying Armada's and various rails (and those getting anodized frames.)

Name:  P1 Single Triggers.JPG
Views: 421
Size:  81.9 KB

Ya know I haven't played a game all of 2020 but getting your custom parts and playing lego with my automags is my favorite workbench hobby.

Edit: Just got home to find mine waiting for me! This trigger frame is top quality, I'm heavily thinking of ordering another while I can...
    Last edited by Zone Drifter; 01-06-2021 at 05:06 PM.

Ya know I haven't played a game all of 2020 but getting your custom parts and playing lego with my automags is my favorite workbench hobby.
    I haven't used a semi auto for at least 5 years but I bought a frame. One day I'm hoping that Luke will finally make a pump kit. Until then the frame will sit on a mag and look pretty until I get bored of playing pump and decide to use a semi auto.
    The user formally known as Lancecst.

Quote Originally Posted by BLachance75 View Post
    One day I'm hoping that Luke will finally make a pump kit.
    I hear ya, but I'm heavily invested in undisclosed projects at the moment. If I was looking for a project this would fit the bill but I have other stuff in the Que at the moment. Dont give up on it though! If it's any consolation I do work 7 days a week, problem is I'm a one man band and I'm getting older by the week!

You getting older....bah

The CHL project is done!

All orders have already shipped except for those waiting for rails and or bodies and anodizing.
    I'm starting rails tomorrow.

Thank you gentlemen.

Thanks again Luke!

I hear ya, but I'm heavily invested in undisclosed projects at the moment. If I was looking for a project this would fit the bill but I have other stuff in the Que at the moment. Dont give up on it though! If it's any consolation I do work 7 days a week, problem is I'm a one man band and I'm getting older by the week!
    Don’t worry I’ll keep asking.

I would like to amend my request though. I want a pump milled Deflator body with a matching pump kit. Seems like a simple easy project you can hammer out in no time.

I dont think I can pump mill those due to how that body is engineered. The area of the rail that would get the pump slot ramp is hallow on these bodies.

Thanks again Luke!
    Thank you.

Here's the new Katana 2 trigger.

Changes are very subtle but I'm pleased with the finished design. You probably wont notice the changes unless you compare to previous versions.

The K2 does not incorporate the top adjuster screw and uses a magnet inserted into the end of the trigger with the north/south poles on the sides rather than the ends. The other magnet mounts in the top of the grip frame as usual.

All Lc frames will now ship with return magnets for mechanical setups.

Extra forward travel was removed from the design leaving small gap at the factory sear rod setting. Small minor sear rod adjustments may be necessary depending on your setup.

The idea was to design the trigger so there wasn't a need for the top screw so that the safety would work but still have a magnetic trigger return.

This is an Intelli based trigger design so they work in your AGD grip frames but AGD frames are not designed for trigger magnet returns so if you want that feature you would have to modify the frame for the top magnet.

Name:  CHL Katana 2 Raw.JPG
Views: 332
Size:  81.5 KB

Name:  CHL Katana To Magnet Raw.JPG
Views: 330
Size:  116.2 KB

Name:  CHL Top Raw.JPG
Views: 338
Size:  63.3 KB

I also added a small hole behind the trigger magnet so that a small wire could be used to push the magnet out. This is not typically needed, but if you do it's a handy feature.

Name:  Magnet removal hole.JPG
Views: 340
Size:  50.6 KB

Nice.

Got a few CHL doubles back from anodizing today.

Name:  CHL Double Black.JPG
Views: 253
Size:  89.9 KB