Thread: Standard Minimag AIR valve w/SHP tank

Standard Minimag AIR valve w/SHP tank

Does anyone have any information, knowledge or experience about how a Standard AGD Minimag Air Valve with the R/T on/off assembly in it would benefit from using a super high output regulated tank. I know it would not have the full RT effect but could it cause the trigger to snap back quicker or even have any effect on how the valve or trigger would behave with running a SHP tank?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

If I recall correctly, there's a slight kick back effect, but it's very, very minimal. Before reaching the on/off, the tank output pressure air is already regulated down to 450 psi. Where as the rt has full tank output pressure going through the on/off.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

There is no benefit to an SHP tank on a minimag valve. The minimag valve is regulated, so you are taking the output of the SHP pressure and pumping it into a second reg, the A.I.R.. the RT on/off, is "snaooier" by design, not by extra pressure acting upon it. You shouldn't need to put any more than 800psi into the minimag valve and can exoerience problems if you do.

What benefit, if any, would you get by putting an RT on/off on a classic valve?

Simply put, it lightens the trigger pull and gives it a nicer feeling.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info!

I can verify that the RT on/off provides a nice trigger pull in a classic valves. I can't remember the numbers, but I think it reduces the pull weight by about half, compared to the stock on/off. Use a .750 pin.