Thread: 3K t0 4.5K flatline conversion

3K t0 4.5K flatline conversion

Sorry up front guys if this has been covered. I did search but didn't find exactly what I was looking for... Close, but not exact.

I have a Valken 68/4500 Zero G tank. It's in great shape and still within hydro. I want to take an AGD Flatline regulator and put it on the tank but the reg is a 3K. Is it possible to convert the reg to 4500?

I looked at the Flatline parts page on the AGD website and there are three parts listed specific to the 4500 there:

• Burst Disk
    • On/Off Valve
    • Piston Assembly

I'm just not sure if any of that is actually needed outside of the burst disk. The reg's look identical but that doesn't mean there aren't internal changes made or material changes to handle the higher pressure.

Am I totally overthinking this?

Yes, STOP thinking about a conversion entirely. AGD sold distinctly separate 3k and 4.5k Flatline regulators for a reason. The 4.5k Flatlines usually had a bluish hue to the ano, a ring of machined dimples on the front cap, and there are currently no seals left to keep them running.

Then again it's America - freedom! - you can do whatever your heart desires. Just be ready to accept the consequences if you jeopardize the lives of others.
    >>WTB<< Sydarm w/ constant air__WarpedMephisto half-c/f body__Ac!d c/f trigger__TASO humpback frame__an Oh-Mag

Well I'm certainly not looking to endanger anyone. It's why I'm here asking about it. You mention there are no seals... can you just help me to understand what seals you are referring to? I'm not trying to be a PITA here, I'm genuinely trying to understand the differences.

I found this and can see some differences...

Name:  FLATLINE REGS.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  56.4 KB

Hence my asking about the seals.
    Last edited by ToddsquaD; 12-20-2021 at 01:53 PM.

The 4.5k regulator seat is the seal that is currently not made anymore although we do have a thread trying to source some. I suspect it will end up turning into a collaborative group project. (https://www.automags.org/forums/show...line-Reg-Seats!).

as far as converting a 3k flatline to a 4.5k flatline the differences i see are the piston, reg seat, front regulator assembly where the reg seat sits and the burst disc. I am sure there was a reason for agd to change the reg seat from the oring to the urethane disc seal though.