Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoebox Compressor in 2022...still worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by AGDRetro View Post
    So using the Wayback Machine to take a glance at shoeboxcompressor.com in August of 2013 the Shoebox MAX was STARTING at $650. Those models had the hardened pistons and belt drive upgrades, the fan was optional for an additional $45.
    Thanks. Appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just sold mine at USD 250 + shipping. Serial number was 28 and Tom said it had some sort of upgrade applied to it. I haven't used it in a few years (since 2016 or so) so I thought it was a good deal. Maybe I'll buy a new compressor in the future but will probably be one of these smaller, faster compressors. The ShoeBox was great but quite a bit noisy and it took a good 45 minutes to fill a 45ci tank to its top.

Quote Originally Posted by mpsd View Post
    I just sold mine at USD 250 + shipping. Serial number was 28 and Tom said it had some sort of upgrade applied to it. I haven't used it in a few years (since 2016 or so) so I thought it was a good deal. Maybe I'll buy a new compressor in the future but will probably be one of these smaller, faster compressors. The ShoeBox was great but quite a bit noisy and it took a good 45 minutes to fill a 45ci tank to its top.
    Thanks for the info! I didn’t know they were that slow. What compressor would you consider getting again (the smaller faster ones you mentioned)? I just want to pick your brain if you don’t mind on a make/model because I need to get a new one different from the crap I have now. Any suggestions welcome! Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Jambi1369 View Post
    Thanks for the info! I didn’t know they were that slow. What compressor would you consider getting again (the smaller faster ones you mentioned)? I just want to pick your brain if you don’t mind on a make/model because I need to get a new one different from the crap I have now. Any suggestions welcome! Thanks again

I've heard this one is great: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...2ZACYWF5&psc=1

Maybe I'll get one in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by mpsd View Post
    I've heard this one is great: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...2ZACYWF5&psc=1

Maybe I'll get one in the future.
    Thanks! I need one to fill large bank tanks as well but this one looks good for me to maybe get right now to at least fill the smaller tanks. Thanks again! Much appreciated.