Thread: The way it should be...give it right back!

The way it should be...give it right back!

You guys might like this from a fellow gun owner/land owner...make sure to read it from the beginning of the thread.
    https://www.njgunforums.com/forum/in...omment-1387571
    Last edited by Tunaman; 04-12-2022 at 06:55 PM.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

CT Co-ordinator, Paintball Marshals

Classic

Let me get this straight. The state's F&W office, sent a letter asking permission to access the property to look and survey the land for some specific wildlife and the owner had put these gross stipulations on just because? Now I can see that if the letter was imposing multiple trucks, odd hours of operations, or even taking over the property because of the property being a wildlife habitat and you can't live there.

I found the letter pleasant. The F&W officers I know are all nice people. I don't see why the landowner(which is ironic as if he was so proud of shoving it to the government, that his name was omitted) would put up such a belligerent fight over this. And, with F&W, they have more authority than state troopers, as the state, the entire state is their jurisdiction. So, I am sure that they will find a way around this supposed owners refusal.

I thought, and I will assume the owner is a republican, that Republicans are all for the police? Law & order and such.

edit: I would really like an answer to this. Not looking at a flame war or anything other than why would anyone do that, in such a belligerent way? It would be one thing if F&W moved in without notice, without consideration to the landowner, I can certainly see pushing my rights as a landowner against them. But they asked, rather politely, for access. Shouldn't it be that way, the government working with you and not against you?
    Last edited by Nobody; 04-13-2022 at 09:29 PM.

You may be reading WAY too much into this. It might be nothing more than a Jerks way to say "No".

Unless, the Officer is a friend of the property owner, and knows the answer will be "No", but is following his orders and sends the letter anyway. The owner responds with the restrictions to get a laugh from his friend and also let the unthinking higher ups know that they are fools?...

Not enough background information to go one way or another. A typical out of context internet post?
    O.F.P.P.A. - OLD FARTS PAINTBALL PLAYERS ASSOCIATION
    When you wrap-up the day with beer and Bengay.

I guess neither one of you liberals has ever went hunting or fishing in this state? They want your left nut in fees, just like everything else in this sorry ass state.

There are consequences to giving the government access to your property to search for an endangered species.

Its never a good idea to trust government.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...665-story.html

“I am disappointed in American government,” he said. “But my feelings toward the people are very warm.”
    Taung Ming-Lin
    Last edited by going_home; 04-14-2022 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    There are consequences to giving the government access to your property to search for an endangered species.

Its never a good idea to trust government.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...665-story.html

“I am disappointed in American government,” he said. “But my feelings toward the people are very warm.”
    Taung Ming-Lin
    I've told the game wardens in my state to **** right off of my property multiple times. Hunting in this state is such a pain in the ass I barely even go in state anymore. But then again nobody's probably so soft the thought of people living freely keeps him up at night. The scariest words you can ever hear from the government are "we are here to help".

Edit: for the liberals in here who don't hunt, he's making fun of all the stupid regulations and extortion hoops you have to jump through. I hunt down in Georgia every year just because of BS like this. At least down there the F&W actually hunt and fish and know what they're talking about. In this state they're all failed science majors

-Brett-
    Last edited by pimped mag 01; 04-14-2022 at 04:21 PM.
    68 Automag Classic, ReTro valve, Lvl. 10, 16" Dye Boomstick, AGD chrome Intelliframe, Shocktech black cradle, Air America Armegeddon 114/4500, Smartparts gadget grip

A.N.S. GX-3 Autococker,Eclipse swing frame, Air America Messiah Reg.

AO Feedback: https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1521330

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Let me get this straight. The state's F&W office, sent a letter asking permission to access the property to look and survey the land for some specific wildlife and the owner had put these gross stipulations on just because? Now I can see that if the letter was imposing multiple trucks, odd hours of operations, or even taking over the property because of the property being a wildlife habitat and you can't live there.

I found the letter pleasant. The F&W officers I know are all nice people. I don't see why the landowner(which is ironic as if he was so proud of shoving it to the government, that his name was omitted) would put up such a belligerent fight over this. And, with F&W, they have more authority than state troopers, as the state, the entire state is their jurisdiction. So, I am sure that they will find a way around this supposed owners refusal.

I thought, and I will assume the owner is a republican, that Republicans are all for the police? Law & order and such.

edit: I would really like an answer to this. Not looking at a flame war or anything other than why would anyone do that, in such a belligerent way? It would be one thing if F&W moved in without notice, without consideration to the landowner, I can certainly see pushing my rights as a landowner against them. But they asked, rather politely, for access. Shouldn't it be that way, the government working with you and not against you?
    Said the contrarian....

So predictable.....
    ......You know you want one!!

Quote Originally Posted by Loguzzzzzz View Post
    Said the contrarian....

So predictable.....

Said the contrarian....

So predictable.....
    and his "assumption" is wrong. The guy is not a republican.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    and his "assumption" is wrong. The guy is not a republican.
    Ok wow. I assumed, and maybe I am wrong. Like Walker stated, there is not enough context in the post to judge one way or the other and Walker is right. It was wrong for me to assume.

But I used to fish all the time, but went salt water, since no fees or licenses needed. Was always aware of limits to catches, and that is fine by me. Since when people overheat & overfishing, it does deprive others of that same act. While I never hunted, I also never needed to. So other than complying with F&W if & when I saw them is never a problem.

But this is interesting, if I was wrong and the "landowner" was not a republican, does that mean you are in support of him(again, assuming that he was a he), being a liberal and such. Just want to make sure

Said the contrarian....

So predictable.....
    And I do love how you say I am a "contrararian"? I ask a question, and I am now not allowed to? I wish to understand not only the reasons for this post but the fact that some people are cheering for those actions? Well, excuse me for not knowing something. Most normal people ask questions and that is how knowledge is spread around, and especially when it is a foreign subject that you might never have been in contact. I do many people that hunt but have no problems with F&W, likewise people with firearms that have never hunted. So those 2 groups have similar backgrounds but yet aren't taking your view. So ask a question.

But it also takes the cake John, how little you know of me. But I guess it is fine for you to assume a great many things...

You have no sense of humor Doug. It was supposed to be funny...but true. You missed the whole gist of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    You have no sense of humor Doug. It was supposed to be funny...but true. You missed the whole gist of it.
    And what I find funny here is, that I asked what was the point of that, and all you had to do was say it was a joke. But you figured to lambast me, just because. I do have a sense of humor, as I still consider you Tuna, Scott & John friends. Call it self-deprecating....

The West Needs WWIII

"The Biden Administration has deliberately destroyed the world economy.”

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...rn-normal-here

Gotta love the new House of Representatives map for Florida.

Makes it 18R to 10D .

No more gerrymandering districts for skin color

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Gotta love the new House of Representatives map for Florida.

Makes it 18R to 10D .

No more gerrymandering districts for skin color

That is good. They ruin everything they touch anyway...

Wait... democrats ruin everything they touch? But TV said orange man bad?

Name:  Screenshot_20220414-104552.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  49.2 KB

-Brett-

And what I find funny here is, that I asked what was the point of that, and all you had to do was say it was a joke. But you figured to lambast me, just because. I do have a sense of humor, as I still consider you Tuna, Scott & John friends. Call it self-deprecating....
    Have you squatted two plates yet? We might actually start listening to you..

-Brett-

Doug - just because you are an idot doesnt mean we still don't love ya.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaman View Post
    you have no sense of humor doug. It was supposed to be funny...but true. You missed the whole gist of it.
    this/\ /\ /\ /\ /\

Man, I'm going to miss these discussions over mead/beer/margaritas by the fire.

Interesting way to say no, phrased in the same regulatory language of the F&W.
    When trolls run scared. Mrs E, " Doug I will effin cut you!"

Quote Originally Posted by pillage View Post
    interesting way to say no, phrased in the same regulatory language of the f&w.
    exactly!

...And I do love how you say I am a "contrararian"? I ask a question, and I am now not allowed to? I wish to understand not only the reasons for this post but the fact that some people are cheering for those actions? Well, excuse me for not knowing something. Most normal people ask questions and that is how knowledge is spread around, and especially when it is a foreign subject that you might never have been in contact. I do many people that hunt but have no problems with F&W, likewise people with firearms that have never hunted. So those 2 groups have similar backgrounds but yet aren't taking your view. So ask a question.

But it also takes the cake John, how little you know of me. But I guess it is fine for you to assume a great many things...
    This was clearly a joke. I am very surprised if you didn't really see that.

I have a hard time believing that you actually believe most of your rhetoric. I see you playing devil's advocate which is fine. I often so do the same thing but there comes a time when you have admit that you are playing that role which you have not done, so we all have no choice but to believe that you actually believe these things.

Hence the moniker: "contrarian"

You are so off base on many of the things you say that I simply do not have the time to discuss them with you.

This was clearly a joke. I am very surprised if you didn't really see that.

I have a hard time believing that you actually believe most of your rhetoric. I see you playing devil's advocate which is fine. I often so do the same thing but there comes a time when you have admit that you are playing that role which you have not done, so we all have no choice but to believe that you actually believe these things.

Hence the moniker: "contrarian"

You are so off base on many of the things you say that I simply do not have the time to discuss them with you.
    This is basically the main reason I don't answer him back or if I do it's always in a sarcastic tone