Thread: WTB LAPCO Feedneck

WTB LAPCO Feedneck

Looking for a LAPCO universal vertical feed-neck, as they've been out of stock forever.

I cannot use my marker without one, the plastic spyder ones suuuuuck.

Might I suggest, that instead of trying to find a unicorn(you might have better luck with some like I&I sports, the big warehouses) that you look at something you can get more easily?

Since it is a slide on feedneck, what about the Empire universal feedneck? But you'll say, there is nothing to hold onto(if the diameter of the spider feedneck is comparable). But I will say, "you could dimple the side of the feedneck, from the inside, giving you a purchase are that would lock into the Empire's locking ring."

I would suggest dimpling the actual side, so you would have to turn the feedneck 90°, so at the separation point of the feedneck, slides over the dimple, but you turn it 90°, and it locks in, as it were. It might be slightly ghetto, but if it works how I think it would, I means you get onto the field with a locking feedneck with about 5min work with a hammer, a punch, a reset block(basically something to control of the dimples depth) and the will to do it.

I wonder if this could be adjusted to work, maybe with shims ?

https://lukescustoms.com/feed.html

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I wonder if this could be adjusted to work, maybe with shims ?

https://lukescustoms.com/feed.html
    No, because the collar that would screw onto the body would have nothing to hold onto, by slipping it over the feedneck. What I am doing it to use a proper clamping feedneck, and to use the original feedneck as the adapter since it is intragal to the body.

Cut the threads off, cut the coller so it can get smaller, and use it as the shim I mentioned.

There you have it.

Worth a shot, nothing else to use unless Simon makes something.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Cut the threads off, cut the coller so it can get smaller, and use it as the shim I mentioned.

There you have it.

Worth a shot, nothing else to use unless Simon makes something.

Then you have the feedneck being to big to fit the collar and it rattling around loose. You might as well use a piece of hose and a clamp.

What the OP is trying to do is have something secure and strong, not having a double hack method.

Quote Originally Posted by Zone Drifter View Post
    Looking for a LAPCO universal vertical feed-neck, as they've been out of stock forever.

I cannot use my marker without one, the plastic spyder ones suuuuuck.
    I'm guessing you're wanting to do something like this? My feednecks clamp down tight in a setup like this without any mods.
    Name:  Feedneck.JPG
Views: 181
Size:  121.2 KB

That said, a few minutes with a file or a mill to remove the little ring would be more ideal.
    Name:  Feedneck cut away.PNG
Views: 186
Size:  95.0 KB

The lip is very small
    Name:  Feedneck lip.PNG
Views: 170
Size:  26.8 KB

Thank you

de nada

The spider feedneck is much thinner than a mag feedneck. I don't think that your feedneck will work. I could be wrong but I am pretty sure I am not. That is why the feednecks needed a 1 off special feedneck adapter/elbow.

The feed tube I'm trying to fit for is .875 in diameter. The same 7/8 feed-neck that spyders use. It's for a forgotten marker that the threads are no match for any feed-neck that i know, my thread gauge is closest at 27 tpi, but it looks like 26 or possibly 25 tpi but certainly not 24. Unless you guys know the thread per inch of other feed-neck types then IDK myself. I haven't been able to match it up with any others yet.

Gotcha, I thought you were looking for the Spyder slip-on feednecks. Sounds like what you really what you need is a 26tpi threaded neck ring

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Gotcha, I thought you were looking for the Spyder slip-on feednecks. Sounds like what you really what you need is a 26tpi threaded neck ring
    Yeah pretty much. FYI, its for an Inspire BFG. Also known as TG101 by Air Challenger, a Taiwan based supplier that also did the MG-7. Likely a 7/8-26 tpi threading but i don't know what other markers use that. It just came with a 7/8 neck with separate clamping adapter like the old vert spyders.

I may be able to help you out here. However, the key word is may, so don't get too exited just yet. Does it have to be a LAPCO feedneck, or are you OK with any clamping feedneck fitting a BFG, as long as it is in aluminum?