Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Ani-Gun Cali Law

Quote Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
    Wait for it.

That didn't take long....

Quote Originally Posted by Loguzzzzzz View Post
    I find it laughable that you call me a sheep while continually parroting the MSM and democratic party rhetoric.

I happen to enjoy working. I am an engineer and use my brain daily. Keeps me sharp. I would much rather do that than a mindless task like pushing a button no matter what the pay scale. I have no designs on retiring, every person I know that retires, gets fat(ter) and dies. So you go ahead, get more sedentary, fatter and die. I will live my life staying young chasing my now 6 y/o daughter, boating, camping, off-roading, riding ATVs and my motorcycles....living LIFE!
    every person I know that retires, gets fat(ter) and dies. Not Me , I'll never get fat , although I will die ,,,,,,, someday

anyone take note Of Indian Lizabeth new deal with the CC companies ? where they will be noting ( adding a # denoting arms& ammo ) all CC transactions
    I wonder is this a " tracking " mechanism ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Funny, that you don't watch TV, as you said but seem to be kept up on everything on MSM, enough to compare them to what I say. It's not a hard comparison, since most of my political beliefs would be shared with them, but I refer more to what has been written here. You are interchangeable with everyone here, but different flourishes, but no real substance to your posts.
    I never watch any news on TV as previously stated. I read news feeds from many sources and you parrot everything so you must be fully entrenched in that arena.

Nice deflection. I was referring more towards what my job is, or better yet, where my job is positioned in the scheme of government. But your statement is well redundant. 99% of the people like to work when they are compensated for that work, baring work conditions and pay of course.
    Work, yes many like to for the compensation. I truly love engineering. Maybe you should talk to Simon, I don't now him very well, wouldn't even call him an acquaintance, but I would be willing to bet that he will tell you that he loves what he does, not just a job he likes, and probably not just for the money. It's an "Engineer" thing, if I have to explain it you wouldn't understand.

So continuing with your belief that all your vocation is eminently better than everyone else, I too am considered an engineer. My job doesn't take much to do, but that is not where I personally get my stimulation from, but my job does allow me to "entertain" myself. So movies, books and even paintball. I installed my 1st and 2nd L10 kits at work and even built my Ressurection at work. Wonderful thing to get paid to build guns.
    You mean like a "Sanitation Engineer" or a "Domestic Engineer"? All joking aside. I choose what I do because of the challenge. Every project is a new challenge and I love a challenge. My job is no better than anyone else's, it is what I love to do. If you love pushing a button and that is your passion then that is awesome that you found your calling and niche. Some people never get that!

At your age, early onset dementia would appear. Again, my job pays my bills, keeps food in the pantry and a roof over my head. I would rather have the ability to do the things that I want to as relief from a, at times, monotonous job than to maybe turn a love into hell.
    That is so common and your fallback. Anytime you want to compare IQs we can schedule test and go head to head. I am pretty confident that I can best you by at least 1 point.

Still sticking with your horrible comparisons. Since you only have a bad clue as to my job rather than the truth. I have helped countless people with mere directions, helping them on their way, not to mention the 2 lives I helped save when they capsized their boat to the countless people that I might have saved by calling into the police to report drunk drivers. So really, what is your point other than trying to put your job above mine?
    When did I ever put my job above yours? Re-read my post and get back to me on that. If you got that from what I said then you are the one that must feel some form of inferiority.

I know for a fact that lives were saved when one of the Fire Sprinkler Systems I engineered activated extinguishing the fire while giving hundreds the time necessary to evacuate. So what! It is what I do.

I would venture that if you removed my job and yours, that loosing mine would effects thousands more people(working at one of the top10 busiest commercial fishing ports on thr east coast) than your job.
    So now who is claiming who's job in more important? Hypocrite much?

Don't follow the work to live, live to work. Maybe when I retire I can do whatever I want to, like attend more left wing rallies, write a novel or whatever. But the thing is, knowing I have the ability to retire is a much better position than having to work till you're dead. If I don't like how it is, I can retire at any point. I can even get another job, with another pension and be set in another 20 years. That is freedom. That is not convincing yourself that you have go to the job for another 10 years for you till they are all standing around your desk, wondering if it was a heart attack or a stroke at work that put you in a pine box.
    You die when you, your path is already set. As we wander this rock the things we do to possibly live longer such as exercise, eat, right, etc. are all things that have been written in our Life story, we are merely the actors in that play. That is my philosophy anyways.

Again, you are comparing something you have no clue, and now getting a bit personal in your insults. But we seem to trade them back and forth so there is that. But what I find more interesting is that you say that your position is stronger or better yet you never seem to back it up. Here you are going personal when you could be laying out how the GOP policies on the subject are better. You don't because the GOP has none or if they are as draconian as some of the other extremists make them out to be, a bit Neanderthal and out of touch with reality. So poke fun at me or try to win the hearts and minds with eloquent words?
    I see you now, well, the last time I saw you and you appear to look much less healthy than you did when we first met. That is what drove that statement. You mentioned in an earlier post that you were watching a baseball game on TV, well to me that is a sedentary activity (or lack of activity). I've always be "BIG", it is my body architecture, which is why as an "old man" to use your term, I am as active as I am and probably could beat you in a foot race at this very moment. Why at my size I have no chronic issues like many as they age. At my age I go head to head with guys 20+ years younger. I hope I live long enough to see you at MY age, if you make it.

As far as GOP policies, check your history, the Republican party has done so much more for Human Rights than your political affiliation that it is not worth arguing.....errr... I mean discussing.

I live my life cause I am young. Well, younger than you. So as you approach 70, doing that 2hr commute, working 9 to 5 I hope to be retired fully after 50. Go to my vacation house in NM and enjoy life. Maybe I will go work with Simon full time, maybe just do whatever I want to, not because I have to. But keep your daughter happy, I am sure she will be the only one that is sticking around to change your diapers in a few years.
    Not much to say here, my commute is not 2 hours, my work hours are flexible and I work remote part of the time.

I was never gifted a house so I have but one that I am paying for. My "vacation home" is a 30' fifth wheel which I have owned since new in 2006 and for that reason my vacation home is anywhere I want to park it. Different strokes for different folks.
    ......You know you want one!!

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic View Post
    every person I know that retires, gets fat(ter) and dies. Not Me , I'll never get fat , although I will die ,,,,,,, someday
    As in every rule there are exception. Kudos to you! ... and yes, we all die eventually.

I am hoping to be 90-something as all but one of my grandparents made it that far. Hoping for 30 more years on this rock!

Quote Originally Posted by Loguzzzzzz View Post
    I never watch any news on TV as previously stated. I read news feeds from many sources and you parrot everything so you must be fully entrenched in that arena. so what do you call yourself, an independent thinker? More like blind devotion. Not once do i reply to one of these idiotic posts with copy and paste, yet i can interchange what you say with the others here and have trouble remembering who wrote it

Work, yes many like to for the compensation. I truly love engineering. Maybe you should talk to Simon, I don't now him very well, wouldn't even call him an acquaintance, but I would be willing to bet that he will tell you that he loves what he does, not just a job he likes, and probably not just for the money. It's an "Engineer" thing, if I have to explain it you wouldn't understand.
    no question. You just have to see the stuff he has made to realize that, he isn't in it for the money, though he is well compensated for his work. And doing something you love and get paid for it is, sometimes few and far between. Yet, i may love something but i prefer it to be a love not a job.

You mean like a "Sanitation Engineer" or a "Domestic Engineer"? All joking aside. I choose what I do because of the challenge. Every project is a new challenge and I love a challenge. My job is no better than anyone else's, it is what I love to do. If you love pushing a button and that is your passion then that is awesome that you found your calling and niche. Some people never get that! That is funny. No, operator engineer, cause i make my bridge go up and down, and my union comprises many different engineer positions. I tell people as a lark, just like i say i work in the government, because my job is difficult to categorize. But you would be surprised on the amount of regulations i have to follow, from Maritimeaw, to working with thr USCG, to balancing out when "i am showing off my boat" with an opening to letting emergency vehicles over and getting people to their dinner. It can be stressful at times.

That is so common and your fallback. Anytime you want to compare IQs we can schedule test and go head to head. I am pretty confident that I can best you by at least 1 point. sure, pick one. Set it up

When did I ever put my job above yours? Re-read my post and get back to me on that. If you got that from what I said then you are the one that must feel some form of inferiority. maybe it was stating that you were an engineer and thinking my job is just push buttons. Maybe it is everyone just belittlingmy job, like they are so much better. Come on mr republican, where is the all inclusion? Maybe you need to understandthat the words that you normally use can and will be taken badly, and not just by me.

I know for a fact that lives were saved when one of the Fire Sprinkler Systems I engineered activated extinguishing the fire while giving hundreds the time necessary to evacuate. So what! It is what I do. congrats, that is something that most people only ever see when it happens

So now who is claiming who's job in more important? Hypocrite much? well, how many times will one belittled by their job and not boast? So in the same vane that you saved more people, i can say i have prevented hunger. Again, this has never been about your job, but you seem to make it so. Talk about changing the subject

You die when you, your path is already set. As we wander this rock the things we do to possibly live longer such as exercise, eat, right, etc. are all things that have been written in our Life story, we are merely the actors in that play. That is my philosophy anyways. that is sad. Guess you don't believe in free will, and setting out not to just live but to make your mark on the world, to leave an impression upon those around us for the better. That when that one person thinks back, whether they knew you or not even knew your name that you effected their lives for the better. A random qct of kindness, being there for that one person, to be able to enrich your life and those around you. By eating right and extending your life, those are just the pathways for extending life, when some will see that the life of enjoyment is not waking up at 5am to go on that morning run, ut going to bed at 5am to watch the sun rise. If you want to have a philosophicaltalk, i can set one up with a professor of philosophyand we can have the long talks about our place on this world.

I see you now, well, the last time I saw you and you appear to look much less healthy than you did when we first met. That is what drove that statement. You mentioned in an earlier post that you were watching a baseball game on TV, well to me that is a sedentary activity (or lack of activity). I've always be "BIG", it is my body architecture, which is why as an "old man" to use your term, I am as active as I am and probably could beat you in a foot race at this very moment. Why at my size I have no chronic issues like many as they age. At my age I go head to head with guys 20+ years younger. I hope I live long enough to see you at MY age, if you make it. i smoke to much and i don't take as good of care of myself. That is my crux to bare, but ironicallyi don'teat any fast food or even deep fried foods. But conversely, i also work shift work, and my sleep schedule is always off. One tunaball i didn't sleep, cause my schedule was all off. So tell me is it worse health wise on not eating properly or not sleeping for 30hrs? And you aren't a doctor, you have no clue about my health. If only DonOrangetone while he was president only did a health plan for the country that would make it better, but that'sa pipe dream. He only had 5 years to come up with one.

As far as GOP policies, check your history, the Republican party has done so much more for Human Rights than your political affiliation that it is not worth arguing.....errr... I mean discussing. yes, please bring up the fact that 160 years ago, the party lead by Lincoln freed the slaves. Forget the past 60 years of civil right violations, of how limiting anything from the covil rights, preventing any possible broadening of them, or even the declaritive efforts to limit voting for minority groups or putting restriction to what a woman can do with her body. Because its never what you'redoing, its always been what have you done in history... poul-leasze

Not much to say here, my commute is not 2 hours, my work hours are flexible and I work remote part of the time.

I was never gifted a house so I have but one that I am paying for. My "vacation home" is a 30' fifth wheel which I have owned since new in 2006 and for that reason my vacation home is anywhere I want to park it. Different strokes for different folks. yeah, and i hate to tell you that life on the road kinda sucks. I know many that had that mentality and when reality set in, saw for it what it is, that life on the road is not fun. But the thing is, if that is what you want, so be it. I live at a vacation spot and i hate it. Mostly its the people that come down here that i hate, but maybe in the future, i can appreciateit more.
    Typewriter is the longest word using only the top row of a qwerty keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    That didn't take long....

Ummm, my reply was in 19 hours, but you seem to have literally followed my post in minutes. Stalk much?

Ummm, my reply was in 19 hours, but you seem to have literally followed my post in minutes. Stalk much?
    40 minutes later...

All that proves is that you were on the computer earlier in the morning than I was.

Vindication that you are beyond predictable.

Don't flatter your self that I was stalking you.

That's laughable.

It's not confined to California...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaFppIZ651k
    CT Co-ordinator, Paintball Marshals