Thread: Living Legends Substitute in Chicagoland Area

Living Legends Substitute in Chicagoland Area

Hi All,

I hope this doesn't count as necroposting as there are no current threads in this section, but this seemed like the best place to pose this question. I used to frequent CPX for the Living Legends games, it was basically my go-to and only scenario/big game of the year. I'm local to the area and the trek to Hells Survivors just isn't in the cards given the logistics for me. I'd like to get involved with more local large format scenario games and I was wondering what recommendations everyone had? I was thinking of Supergame at Sherwood coming up this June but I'm open to suggestions.

Specifically I'd like to know about the player experience, what the staging/camping situation is like, potential for night play, use of first strike, and basically anything else that would make it a worthwhile event. I camp (glamp) and have lots of stuff that follows me to these events. I generally rock a mag or other mech, and I would like to try out mag-fed first strike play sometime. Also not opposed to hanging out with fellow Automag enthusiasts...I haven't done that since Living Legends 7 (the one where it rained and was cold for 3 days and the CPX septic system overflowed...you don't forget a thing like that).

Thanks!

cpx, total corporate paintball, high prices, high prices, paintfest, paintfest, go to something smaller, closer, and have more fun
    JMO

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic View Post
    cpx, total corporate paintball, high prices, high prices, paintfest, paintfest, go to something smaller, closer, and have more fun
    JMO
    Spoken from someone who hasn't played there...

I last played there before their move from that field for LLX or something like that. So while the past is the past, the best thing for any large scenario/big game is, not what you use, but who you bring. Having a group of friends turns any bad game into a fun experience.

I have heard nothing but good to great things about Sherwood forest field. Too far west for me but many people praise that field. Magfed or whatever is all about what you want out of it.

But if you have exact questions, call the field and ask them on restrictions or types. I know some fields are weird on FS rounds, some aren't. Best to ask about them directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Spoken from someone who hasn't played there...

I last played there before their move from that field for LLX or something like that. So while the past is the past, the best thing for any large scenario/big game is, not what you use, but who you bring. Having a group of friends turns any bad game into a fun experience.

I have heard nothing but good to great things about Sherwood forest field. Too far west for me but many people praise that field. Magfed or whatever is all about what you want out of it.

But if you have exact questions, call the field and ask them on restrictions or types. I know some fields are weird on FS rounds, some aren't. Best to ask about them directly.
    No , I hit 2 cpx games , 1 was LL7 IIRC ,
    And As per Me , for My Fun , I prefer smaller games , smaller fields
    I can't say for fact ,, but I don't think cpx owns a field anymore , they turned into a travelling producer company
    If you want over 1K folks playing , paint fallin like rain , and pricing like this ;
    Pre-Registration Pricing
    -Entry $59.95
    -Air $14.95
    -Paint: $74.95 per case.
    Day of Event:
    -Entry: $74.95
    -Air: $14.95
    -Paint: $79.95 per case
    Again IMO cpx is a total corp paintball tool ,,,