Thread: how many bps can a stock minimag VALVE do

how many bps can a stock minimag VALVE do

read the title. i wanna know how many bps a stock minimag VALVE can do, not the trigger or whatever, what the valve is capable of. i know the retro valve on the rt pro can do 25+ but how bout minimag since its not retro
    Feel the imPULSE

Go here.... http://www.odysseypaintball.com/products.html go down to the video section.... click on the link that says 205.... And the automag valve and the minimag valves are the same.
    -Gig 'Em Ags!

20+ with no shootdown. I think they did 24 with no shootdown.
    "If everything is under control your not moving fast enough."

Hold on a second...

I the standard valve can do 20+ w/o shootdown. What is the advantage of the Retro valve? Sounds like I should sell my retro and buy std valve plus another $100...

TeAmArMyRaNgErS - I hope you don't mind me adding a question to your post.

ya was 20+ off of a machin or something? But nos hootdown at the same time is cray also.

-SS
    Almost done with my minimag... I want to buy your SS back for your mag!!!

so theres no reason to buy a retro valve? just git a better trigger on a standard mag and u can shoot just as fast as a rt pro?

Re: ...

Originally posted by TeAmArMyRaNgErS
    so theres no reason to buy a retro valve? just git a better trigger on a standard mag and u can shoot just as fast as a rt pro?
    you can go to the standard 13 to 14 BPS pretty easily if you have the proper air setup (i.e. Nitro at a high enough pressure, around 900 is usually good). The one thing that the rt offers over the regular valve that is evident at normal firing rates and the "bounceback" in the trigger. It feels similar to the RT conversion on the 98's. If you are using an electronic gripframe then it is of no consequense.

banzaimf
    minimag #1321

Xmag #267

that 205 video is not a standard valve. that's an emag going at 18+ with a halo. i've seen a standard valve go 16 without shootdown. however, it was extremely well maintained and it was most likely a fluke. i would set my sights on 13-14 bps
    "To serve to strive and not to yield"
    --------------------------------------
    I AM THE PURPLE PEOPLE EATER!

A stock valve can do about 16bps with an electro frame, when being pulled by hand it will generally get shootdown at a lower ROF. The retro you will never have to worry about shootdown though, unless you shortstroke and you have the reactive trigger.

valves

as i understand it, you'll start to get shootdown at about 6bps, this is minor and wouldnt necessarily effect your accuracy that much. above that it will drop further, but if you raised the input pressure it might counter that some.

as i understand it, you'll start to get shootdown at about 6bps, this is minor and wouldnt necessarily effect your accuracy that much. above that it will drop further, but if you raised the input pressure it might counter that some.
    Nope. AIR valve has been tested up to 16bps before ANY shootdown. Shootdown after 16bps is extremely minimal. Why the hell do you need to fire 16bps anyway? I think 12 or 13 max is enough. Rely on skill not luck.

BTW some guns have shootdown at 6bps probably spyders or guns like them.
    MM19223 -=Minimag=-
    [Level-10]&[ULT]
    -Self Polished Body
    -Intelliframe nickel
    -Lapco SS 12 inch
    -KAPP Chrome gas thru-grip
    -32* Flame Drop Chrome
    -Black Macro
    -47ci 3000psi Crossfire tank
    My minimag-link working

email: dr975@yahoo.com
    aim SN: drx975

hm

didnt say 'noticeable' shootdown

no....

Noticable shootdown occurs at 16bps and it is said to be minimal. I will never know because I dont believe in shooting that fast. I am much much better firing manually with snapshots and all, and 16 is just way too fast. With an intelli I expect to get 8 easy a second, probably 9 a second, and with practice 10. Thats good enough for me.