Thread: Un newb-ish Newbs....

Un newb-ish Newbs....

Yeah... kinda of an oxymoron but have you ever had experience w/ newbs that knew what they were doing? It's weird playing w/ my friends cuz they know paintball even though they're practically newbs.

Good Traders:
    Tunaman, K-villeplayer, Magman007, Mastersconi, Jon/xpm, Kenndogg

My feedback if you've dealt with me, leave some...

Fruitcat: it's what AO doesn't like.

Yes, but if you watch carefully you will notice their newbish tendencies. I.E. 1 on 1 they stick their gun out of the bunker and blind fire.

Yeah, there was a guy at my "usual" field that ran out of both paint and air for his rental Custom 98. Rather than spend more money, or go home, he played the tag out game" He managed to get 12 people in one round by just being stealth and moving smart. A ref asked him at the end of the day how much he played -- it was his first time.

jeeez,

Maybe its just because newbies are bigtime newbies at the field I play at, but its suprising hearing of newer players not showing the symptoms of ... well, newbies.
    baaaaamm, yo i can hang!!!
    2K3 TADAO *ACED* MATRIX FOR SALE $900! W/ PLENTY OF UPS!

Newer players almost scare me as much and experienced guys. They're the ones who pull stuff that makes no sense and the last thing you'd expect and succeed because you're too busy staring in disbelief.

Moorewatch

If you read this, thank a teacher.
    If you read this in English, thank a soldier.

nobody knew i was a newb. and about halfway through the day i didn't feel like a newb. maybe it was all the borrowed gear and all the newbs asking ME questions.

Originally posted by Load SM5
    Newer players almost scare me as much and experienced guys. They're the ones who pull stuff that makes no sense and the last thing you'd expect and succeed because you're too busy staring in disbelief.
    you mean us big guyz that like to dump paint aren't supposed to run down one side of the field full bore on a "kami" run taking out most of the other team cuz i... er we get bored
    Virus, King of the Basement Trollz has spoken

Yea, what's up with that! Know your place, big boy!

Timmy-ville (AKA Calgary, Alberta), CANADA
    I was playing speed rec, and the one girl on the other team picked up on the techniques so fast it was scary. you should never underestimate any women paintball players newb or experienced.
    A.K.A. MagShark in the PV forums(www.zer0.ca)

"Adrenaline keeps me in the Game,
    Adrenaline you don't even feel the Pain.
    Wilder than your Wildest Dreams,
    when your going to Extremes,
    It takes Adrenaline..."
    -Gavin Rossdale

OUT

Originally posted by IAMJaws
    I was playing speed rec, and the one girl on the other team picked up on the techniques so fast it was scary. you should never underestimate any women paintball players newb or experienced.
    You should never underestimate ANYONE. Especcially the little kids at the field. Small and short is a great combo for any front player. Add a kid's beleif in their own invulnerabiliy and you have the potential for one hellecious player.

Ogre
    Seeg images? Vee don' need no steenkin' seeg images?!?

I took my friend Heleit and her g/f for their first time ... she tore it up!

First 3 games she kinda laid back and hid ... scared ... finally she was like "I gotta know" and after the round she had the ref get 20ft back and shoot her so she knew what it felt like..

After that she was running up the middle of the place ... crazy girl!..lol

I myself have bad experience with newb's, they all see to like to shoot me in the back when I'm somewhere up front.

Sincerely,
    Dave K
    Its a wakeup call for the Nintendo generation
    GregHastingsPaintball 3 is coming

Yea lots of the newer kids do believe in the own immortalty, nothing better then seeing a first time 10 year old sprint for the flag and make it. Thats they kind of newb i can enjo being around. The ones that have no clue what they are doing on and off the field are the ones that scare me.

Scariest newb I ever saw was this one girl. We were playing attack & defend at the indoor Sgt. Splatters in Toronto. Now if you are attacking, there is only one way to win, you need to charge up this partially covered staircase to the second floor, while firing rapidly to keep the people on the second floor from shooting you. Normally this is only attempted by fearless and experienced players, due to the likelyhood of aquiring close range welts.

Well, this young lady figures it out and goes charging right up it, clearing out the first 2nd floor room before getting lit up. She comes out, all proud of herself, she'd nail her BF and all his buddies in one charge.

The Attackers won that game.
    2k2 VF Cocker, STO/Eclipse Blade, Old-Style 14" Boomstick,
    68AutoMag Classic Feed CF11023, Ring trigger.

there are some noobs at my field that dont act like noobs.

instead, they act like ******** towards everyone. theyve already been kicked outta every paintball field in south florida, we're their last hope, and theyre still *** holes

edited so it doesnt appear that i tried to go around swear filter

if your saying that they know alot about pball but they stink at it.. you got one right here

I dont want to brag, but no one knew I was a newb except that I had a brand new pro carbine, but even then it had a drop and a new barrel

and none of my friends were really thought as newbs their first time either
    Hey
    AIM: FalconGuy016
    BANG!!!

i am one of those. i own an RT and nitro tank, have done research, know a lot of tactics, can shoot fast, and spend time here discussing paintball and learning more about it every day, yet i still havent been to a real field...
    SIG RULES SUCK REAL BAD AND THEYRE STUPID AND DUMB AND THEY STINK AND ARE STUPID AND I HATE THEM AND THEY SUCK REAL BAD

Originally posted by Brak
    i am one of those. i own an RT and nitro tank, have done research, know a lot of tactics, can shoot fast, and spend time here discussing paintball and learning more about it every day, yet i still havent been to a real field...
    ya, after my second game i was no longer a noob myself. i spent so much time and research learning bout paintball and the guns i could buy afterthat, i havent learned as much since.

I spent monthes reseraching paintball before I actually got a gun, then I had to wait another 6 monthes to play, only having research to fill my need for paintball

That mention of little kids playing brave reminded me of a time we went to an awesome local speedball field, total that day only 9 people showed up. One of them was a little kid who was about 9-10 if I recall correctly. He was so afraid to get shot, but he had no problem going for the flag. Except he couldn't reach the flag. Each time a ref would pull it for him and hand it off. One time he charged up to the 50 without anyone seeing, climbed up the pile of tires, which were probably twice his height, grabbed the flag and dropped back down without being seen by an opponent. It was by far one of the most exciting paintball moments I've ever been part of, and it'd be hard to show anyone else who wasn't there to see it, without a video.

-=Squid=- Guest
    Hey spongebob, why dont yuo quit being an ******* and take the veggy thing out of your sig? My mom and sis are both vegetarians, and spongebob is a stupid show.

wow, angry stuff there, squid. This is a bit off topic, but I dealt with the most newbish newb ever a little while ago. I was reffing a speedball game that my friend was playing in, and there were some first timers on the other team. He yells "hey kid, you get extra points for shooting the ref!" At first I thought, "naww, noone is that stupid..." But sure enough, I watched the kids barrel track right onto me, and he started dumping paint through his m98. Hit me 3 times before he got the idea, I almost grabbed my gun and lit my friend up, but that's not a good example for the kiddies. The only thing un-newbish about that kid was he was a damn good shot!
    I'm nothing more than text to you...

Attention
    Getting
    Device

strongboy2005 Guest
    Originally posted by -=Squid=-
    Hey spongebob, why dont yuo quit being an ******* and take the veggy thing out of your sig? My mom and sis are both vegetarians, and spongebob is a stupid show.
    hahaha! I thought his sig was hilarious! I copied it and now am using it for my info in aol instant messenger.

newbies scare me...i don't want to be around they cause they all ways shout me in the back...and you get mad you yell at they watch your fire and stuff like and i have seen people that have been playing at that feild for years and they are vets of paintball get pissed when they are called out by friendly fire. everyone does. there new they are learning. and i have seen some messed up stuff in my days playing. i seen the one chick she sneeks up on the other team and shouts the guy in the butt. and the refs. are giving the guy a hard time cause one he was shot by a girl and second she was a newbie. but its funny watching play for there first time cause they think it hurts like hell being shot but when they realize it doesn't hurt that much they do crazy zooloo death charge on bukers and get shot up mad crazy.
    Use a table to get it smaller in over all hight

Originally posted by Stupi
    That mention of little kids playing brave reminded me of a time we went to an awesome local speedball field, total that day only 9 people showed up. One of them was a little kid who was about 9-10 if I recall correctly. He was so afraid to get shot, but he had no problem going for the flag. Except he couldn't reach the flag. Each time a ref would pull it for him and hand it off.

I laugh at this because at a tournament I played at this happened to me. It was 1-3 and I was the last one left and I eliminated two of the guys and moved to get the flag pull. The darn thing was just otu of my reach and I had to jumped up and down to get it.

Smoking Nun Guest

Newbs just today

I played at my home field today, some rec ball.There were a huge number of Newbs and, quite frankly, they rocked. It was some of the most fun ball I ever played. I guess it was about 15 on 15 with about 5 experienced players on each team. The Newbs were making amazing moves, flying up the tape, backdooring, crawling, and flat out bunkering people. It was very entertaining. One guy repeatedly toward the end of games would go tearing up the field, bunkering everyone he could find (usually 2, 3, 4, or 5 opponents). He was bunkering the experienced people too. Everybody had to keep reminding him about the surrender and 20 foot rules. I got lit up a couple of times by some of the little and fast dudes myself. In one game, one regular and myself were making a stealth move up the right tape. As soon as we broke the flank and came into position where we should have had a bunch of back doors, this same Newb guy comes running from the other direction. Right as I was about to light him up (heat of the moment), he says, "No, no, no, don't shoot. We just won, me and this other guy just took out the entire other team." My jaw dropped. My amazing tape move was outdone just seconds before by two Newbs and their move right up dead center that eliminated the entire other team. Heh heh.

I love playing with them and taking a bunch of them up the tape on larger fields. I just tell them to call out what they see and keep them moving forward. They have NO fear and move like a force, bunkering and lighting up all in their path. It is most fun when they are little kids and you can get them to pull/hang the flag.

Funny thing is that for most of the day, I saw many of the guys with the mags, timmies, cockers, angels in the dead box while the Newbs with the rental 98s blazed away.

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoy Newbs, whether they act it or not. They are absolutely hilarious with what they say and what they do.

Nun

-=Squid=- Guest
    Originally posted by strongboy2005

hahaha! I thought his sig was hilarious! I copied it and now am using it for my info in aol instant messenger.

Well I hope you die.

squid, chill out. I'm a vegetarian, i've seen/heard that a million times before, and it was funny the first couple times.

Dealing with little kids isn't bad either. I haven't dealt with those really courageous insane super little kids yet so most of my experiences have been with people around my age.

BTW: Squid, I know that might offend you but could you please take that up in pm instead of posts. It just breaks up the conversation.