I've been in 3 scenario games so far and look forward to being in many more. Paint can make for an expensive day if you find yourself in constant spray and pray type firefights but the action far exceeds what you get in an average day of rec ball.

It is fun to get a well organized team or group set up for a specific mission and put your strategies into play over a large area for hours at a time. Ambush tactics are harder to employ on smaller fields or in a tournament and it is always fun to see those guys in Ghillie suits dissappear into the leaf cover (at least until you are ambushed by one).

Scenario's are a great place to check out folks gear and I've seen many folks exchanging markers for awhile to experiment with different set-ups and get the feel of stuff they are interested in buying. I've let plenty of folks shoot my mag if they wanted to at scenarios and have helped tip them in the direction of getting a mag.

Well organized scenario teams make great product promoters too. I'm only guessing here but I'd say the average age of dedicated scenario team members is often older than most tournament teams and that many of them have a very stable membership that changes little from year to year. When people see a tight scenario team all carrying mags clearing out the enemy like chaff during a whole scenario, they are going to want that firepower themselves. Unlike tournaments, where they are on the sidelines watching, in a scenario they can often follow along behind these teams and be part of the action and strategy as it unfolds.

I don't know about being the "future of paintball" but I do believe scenario games are here to stay and will gain more and more popularity over time.