View Poll Results: Have you played a scenario game?

Voters
268. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes as many as I can

94 35.07%
  • I would if they were in my area

149 55.60%
  • not really interested

25 9.33%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scenario Players???? Poll

I've been in 3 scenario games so far and look forward to being in many more. Paint can make for an expensive day if you find yourself in constant spray and pray type firefights but the action far exceeds what you get in an average day of rec ball.

It is fun to get a well organized team or group set up for a specific mission and put your strategies into play over a large area for hours at a time. Ambush tactics are harder to employ on smaller fields or in a tournament and it is always fun to see those guys in Ghillie suits dissappear into the leaf cover (at least until you are ambushed by one).

Scenario's are a great place to check out folks gear and I've seen many folks exchanging markers for awhile to experiment with different set-ups and get the feel of stuff they are interested in buying. I've let plenty of folks shoot my mag if they wanted to at scenarios and have helped tip them in the direction of getting a mag.

Well organized scenario teams make great product promoters too. I'm only guessing here but I'd say the average age of dedicated scenario team members is often older than most tournament teams and that many of them have a very stable membership that changes little from year to year. When people see a tight scenario team all carrying mags clearing out the enemy like chaff during a whole scenario, they are going to want that firepower themselves. Unlike tournaments, where they are on the sidelines watching, in a scenario they can often follow along behind these teams and be part of the action and strategy as it unfolds.

I don't know about being the "future of paintball" but I do believe scenario games are here to stay and will gain more and more popularity over time.

Big Production

I'm recapping on that inckling of a chance for that REMATCH! Between Tom Kaye, William Shatner and Mancow....well I looked for the thread on the AO Online Party Logged with Kaye and Shattner chatting about it but it looks like the thread got deleted....big frown on that! They were talking about it and Shattner suggested in the plains of MONTANA! Of course I want this because I live here and probably 45% of the nation still thinks that Montana exists of cowboys and indians. That's just ca-ca talk!!! I have to say that Montana has some of the diverse terrain to offer paintballers, right along with the weather. Anyway, here's that map again. We have senario games occasionaly around here. But I want the Shwaaang of them!

Cyprinus carpio amour

Spawners feedback
    Good Traders n' Sellers
    Tunaman, CoFFeY[Nitro], Stupi, RaV3n_Pa1ntba||,Potatoeboy, irbodden, paintballbeaver, drummr6, r_malloy, CaliWagon31, kilaueakid, thatguy68, PB700, GrassNinja.

Bad List!!!
    Shamu

I am a big tourney player but after the Toys For Tots game
    3 weeks ago at my feild in Dalton GA I think the big games are super fun and the guys from {24hourgames.com} put on a wonderful game also we raised around $5000 dollars worth of toys for the tft and my self,(bob)theangelguy,scott and a few more team mates got to shoot up a bunch of people
    that allways funnn
    THANKS ANGELGUY.COM
    SUPER JOB ON MY IR3

I have played tourney, rec, scenario and big games.
    Each one offers something diffent.
    Tourney offer a show case for high tech goodies and a massive addernaline (sp) rush.
    Rec brings people in and lets people learn, pratice basic skills, ect.
    Scenario add another dimension to the game, more then get teh flag or elminate the other team.
    Big game are a wild card. Everyone is welcome to play first timers to us old guys

I agree the scenario and big games are more about having fun then winning (Sam's Big Game if you want to win on saturday be on blue, all the experienced player seem to flood blue j/k).

and stuff
    Paintball is a game and ment to be fun...... when it stops being fun it is time to stop

Well said, Nippinout

WOW, Nippinout, you did an outstanding job expressing your point-of-view... are you writing articles somewhere? If you've written some, please let me know where I can go and read more of your material...

I've had debates with friends about the fact that they're turned off when they see that paintball is following after the same trend that snowboarding, skateboarding, surfing, to name a few, have experienced; that is, they were a well-kept secret until corporate America got a hold of it and made it massive to the point where the followers who liked it to be a well-kept secret and loved those activities fell out of love with it because of it going "Main-Stream."

But, keep in mind, some of those who helped make it go maintstream are also lovers of the sport, paintball crazed fanatics, and want other people to love it as much as they do.

Think about the other hand, the fact of Supply and Demand... the more people who play, the more prices will come down... For ie, the price of paintballs were once 25 cents/ball... now that more people play paintball, the price has come down significantly. Brass Eagle, as much as people hate them for being the "non-lovers" of the sport (and actually, Lynn Scott, the owner of Brass Eagle has a true love for paintball), have helped to decrease prices all across the board.

Think about when you were introduced to paintball, too. How did you find out about it? Some will say it was because of their strolling through the ole Wal Mart and saw the paintball product on the wall...

And the beauty of it all is that paintball can be played in so many different ways, like in scenario play, tournament play, big game play, perhaps even Olympic style of play...

Nippinout makes very notable points about how the media puts so much attention towards the tournament scene and I agree... more needs to be said about the scenario games that take place, about the Charity Stock Gun tournaments, and the other many good things about paintball that contribute to much of what makes us happy... hopefully, people like Tom Kaye, with your help, pave the way towards a better future for the true paintball enthusiast.

Keep it up, Nippinout, you do a wonderful job at making people think and I LOVE that about you...

Thanks for sharing and for listening.

I look forward to seeing you more often make a "stink" within the paintball industry.

See you soon, I hope.
    Respectfully, Bea
    Achieve the Impossible - BEAggressive!

Well, I have to say that if folks think “suits” ruined paintball, they are off the mark by light-years. Sorry.

When paintball becomes mainstream and more folks play, and you have to watch your gear or if will be stolen, that is NOT caused by suits. That is caused by the PLAYERS. Of course everyone wants to blame someone other than the individuals themselves these days…..

When paintball tournaments get out of hand with cheating, that is not caused by the suits. That is caused by the PLAYERS. Of course everyone wants to blame someone other than the individuals themselves these days…

When BE brings folks into the sport that is a GOOD thing. People want paintball to become more socially acceptable, yet don’t want the public to be involved in the sport? What kind of backward thinking is that?

Oh yeah, mainstreaming ruined snow boarding, skiing, rollerblading, surfing and all the other activities that started out as a small group…. LOL Not by a long shot. Sorry. You can still have little cliques in each activity and yet have the general populous also enjoy the same activities, even if a little different than the “elite” do.

I do agree that rec-ball is still the backbone of the paintball world. I also agree that a lot of the actions of newer members into the sport are unacceptable. I also agree that a lot of the emphasis on Tournament Play is more than a bit “off”, and should be directed to what the majority of paintball players actually DO. But to say mainstream is not good for paintball? Come on. Any business or product that is not growing, is dying. And what happens when the current customer base already has equipment and the other things that become the trappings of paintball? You need new blood.

The idea that it has to be one way or the other is as silly to me as most other extreme views arguments. Most of the time to be successful you have to find, and then have, a middle ground.

Suits are not evil. Mainstreaming is not “bad”. It is about time we hold individuals THEMSELVES responsible for their actions, and not blame those actions on an influx caused by uncaring suits. Look at AO….. each time we have an influx of members, we get the bad along with the good. But by setting standards and enforcing them, we keep AO on the better side of things. Paintball as an industry is the same……

www.ShartleyCustoms.com
    Custom Paintball Products and Accessories
    CLICK HERE to Check out our PDU SERIES GEAR!

its more like a paper cut that has primadonna's yelling murder... - Glickman

Thumbs up Bingo!

Originally posted by shartley
    Well, I have to say that if folks think “suits” ruined paintball, they are off the mark by light-years. Sorry.

Bingo!

Hey, only the suits had the guts to do what the NPPL and PSP wouldn't do. According to this months PB2X, Jeremy Salm was banned from all JT sponsored teams for life! This includes all Brass Eagle brands! Brass Eagle may have screwed up ShattnerBall, but they are learning and taking a stand.
    Last edited by 1stdeadeye; 12-23-2002 at 02:21 PM.

That is hands-down the best look on paintball I have ever heard. I fully agree.

Bryce Eden-team captain of Dyslexia

I played in this years WRG and it was amazing.

The price was 1-15 $ pre registered I cant remember. So it was crazy low, Skirmish has the best fields and for that price it was irresistable. Paint was 85 a case and i shot a case a day with my mag.

Some bad things were the hype. the advertised 2600+ players, 1600+ showed. The sales promised were not what was there but the playing was still awsome

So many tarets it was crazy. You would get inserted and walk down a bit and there would be a line of players, on your team some a little further back reloading and some up on the front line laying paint for the crazies running into far up front bunkers

At one point I decided to run into the hood with a group of peope( the hood was held by the other team) about 12 of us in this little shack, we eventualy all got hit and when we left we were surrounded and I was personaly shot 20+ times. Paint dripping from everywhere, Out of ai and paint I returned to the car.

The next insertion me and 4 othewr people went on a little flag hunt into the woods and eventualy got behind a 200+ player blue team insertion, we were 30 yard away. Nothing beats watching 200 people that want to kill you from 30 yards.

That was my first experiance and will not be my last. I have also played sup air with some am. teams and I got wrecked and still enjoyed it

I also agree that our sport should not be mainstreamed, Do you realy want what happened to skateboarding happen to ball. A bunch of 11 year olds runuing around, Eventualy kids will get more wreckless, injurys will occur, it will be baned and thats the end.
    (by request, reset by Army)

When paintball becomes mainstream and more folks play, and you have to watch your gear or if will be stolen, that is NOT caused by suits. That is caused by the PLAYERS. Of course everyone wants to blame someone other than the individuals themselves these days…..

When paintball tournaments get out of hand with cheating, that is not caused by the suits. That is caused by the PLAYERS. Of course everyone wants to blame someone other than the individuals themselves these days…

When BE brings folks into the sport that is a GOOD thing. People want paintball to become more socially acceptable, yet don’t want the public to be involved in the sport? What kind of backward thinking is that?

Oh yeah, mainstreaming ruined snow boarding, skiing, rollerblading, surfing and all the other activities that started out as a small group…. LOL Not by a long shot. Sorry. You can still have little cliques in each activity and yet have the general populous also enjoy the same activities, even if a little different than the “elite” do.

I do agree that rec-ball is still the backbone of the paintball world. I also agree that a lot of the actions of newer members into the sport are unacceptable. I also agree that a lot of the emphasis on Tournament Play is more than a bit “off”, and should be directed to what the majority of paintball players actually DO. But to say mainstream is not good for paintball? Come on. Any business or product that is not growing, is dying. And what happens when the current customer base already has equipment and the other things that become the trappings of paintball? You need new blood.

The idea that it has to be one way or the other is as silly to me as most other extreme views arguments. Most of the time to be successful you have to find, and then have, a middle ground.

Suits are not evil. Mainstreaming is not “bad”. It is about time we hold individuals THEMSELVES responsible for their actions, and not blame those actions on an influx caused by uncaring suits. Look at AO….. each time we have an influx of members, we get the bad along with the good. But by setting standards and enforcing them, we keep AO on the better side of things. Paintball as an industry is the same……
    I love to read these posts. You are right of course, that maintstreaming is not evil - and anything that stays underground will eventually die. But you have to admit that mainstreaming does sort of kill the soul of something.

I am not saying that paintball will lose its appeal or any of us will quit because "too manny people play" - but there is a certain "coolness" to being a part of the ascendency of something.

I equate this to people who started body piercing. They were unique about 5 or 6 years ago. Now probably half of all teenagers have had some sort of body modification. It just isn't distinct anymore. Its just part of a "society of cool."

~Fred
    Last edited by MagDog68; 12-23-2002 at 12:10 AM.

Unhappy Scenario Kicks Butt

And as to the Scenario question - hells yes I will go anywhere to play scenario ball!!!

I had actually made plans to goto the Lords of Worr vs Magmasters game last week, but I got laid off the Friday before hand and I figured it would be an "irresponsible use of my savings" (those are my fiancee's words).

~Fred

PS Anyone have a job opening for an out of work IT Hardware tech???
    www.stupidace.com
    GOOD TRADERS: Tunaman, RogueFactor, ah137, Squeegeekid, Thelar, WebShock

that is true, It is exciting to be part of an elite group of people who play this sport. I see more and more 10 years olds who play for the first time with their new angel set up that momy bought them. Im not saying I would take an angel my momy bought me but kids are coming into the sprttoo fast. Me and my friends started out renting, then to tippmans then to our current guns which we take pride in upgrading and such. I dont think we need as many kids playing ball as we do have kids skateboarding. Yes all of thoose kids are going o make the sprt much more competitive in years to come but I again dont htink we need more people than now playing in the woods . Eventualy some kids are goin to get crazy and shoot houses, cars, and people. Our sport will get banned localy and we may only be able to play on established fields or not at all.

Originally posted by MagDog68
    I love to read these posts. You are right of course, that maintstreaming is not evil - and anything that stays underground will eventually die. But you have to admit that mainstreaming does sort of kill the soul of something.

I am not saying that paintball will lose its appeal or any of us will quit because "too manny people play" - but there is a certain "coolness" to being a part of the ascendency of something.

I equate this to people who started body piercing. They were unique about 5 or 6 years ago. Now probably half of all teenagers have had some sort of body modification. It just isn't distinct anymore. Its just part of a "society of cool."

~Fred
    Thank you. And I agree with everything you said. I will also add that it is up to us paintball players to do our best to maintain that soul…… the sport will become what we let it, as a whole.

Society of Cool

Most of the "suits are killing paintball" posts sound more like spoiled brats are ruining the game. Another problem is the reliance on paintball to maintain an identity. "I am a paintball player, which means that I look pain in the eye, am fearless, and do something you know nothing about" Except that everyone knows something about it. Brass Eagle, etc. aren't at fault because unthinking parents provide Angels to 10 year olds that have never fired a shot. If Brass Eagle's were what was being bought for the ten year olds, no one here would be complaining. In fact, everyone would see it as the natural order of things. Place blame where it belongs.

And corporate suits aren't why players are throwing hissy fits on tournament fields. Until there is some accountability in tournaments, no one is going to play as sportsmen. How many teams would still curse like sailors if it cost them points in the standings for unsportsmanlike conduct? Would sponsors be happy about a loss because of f-bombs from their players? And if there were rules about players shooting after they are marked, such as each player you eliminate after a mark has taken place will result in their re-instatement and your team instead losing a player, teams would be far more willing to call themselves out. Unfortunately, this can't start to be the norm until there is a sharp, honest, good ref for every player.

The problems with paintball can't be all the fault of people who market it. The problem HAS to lie with the players, therefore the solution is going to lie with the players. Whether its Rec ball, Scenario/Big Game, or Tournament, start enforcing the rules. If you have a teammate that you know is out, call him out. Don't ignore it for your team and scream at the cheaters on the other team. When someone makes a valid shot, and your out, call yourself out, don't wait for a ref to pull you.
    Last edited by soaklord; 12-23-2002 at 02:56 PM.

Originally posted by magnj
    that is true, It is exciting to be part of an elite group of people who play this sport. I see more and more 10 years olds who play for the first time with their new angel set up that momy bought them. Im not saying I would take an angel my momy bought me but kids are coming into the sprttoo fast. Me and my friends started out renting, then to tippmans then to our current guns which we take pride in upgrading and such. I dont think we need as many kids playing ball as we do have kids skateboarding. Yes all of thoose kids are going o make the sprt much more competitive in years to come but I again dont htink we need more people than now playing in the woods . Eventualy some kids are goin to get crazy and shoot houses, cars, and people. Our sport will get banned localy and we may only be able to play on established fields or not at all.
    That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Why are kids going to "get crazy" any more than an adult. I think if a kid shoots a car it is because we as experianced players have failed to show how paintball markers should be treated. I can also promise that if a car is shot it is with a talon or tippmann or somthing like that not an angel. If we don't need kids getting into speedball, but we don't need more woodsballers where are we going to get new players? The kids with angels are no different than kids with tippmanns exept they don't have to learn a new marker every time they improve their game. I think the more young guns we get the better the sport will get. If a kid can get and take care of a mag, cocker, or angel than why shouldn't they? I think we have a duty to get young guns involved in the sport.

Bryce Eden-Team captain of Dyslexia
    Last edited by bryceeden; 12-23-2002 at 08:05 PM.

Planet Earth. More than that is debatable.

Suits are not evil. Mainstreaming is not “bad”. It is about time we hold individuals THEMSELVES responsible for their actions, and not blame those actions on an influx caused by uncaring suits.
    Wel, it depends on who you ask. A lot of skatebaorders are really angry that their fun activity being ruined by a bunch of yabos who look the part but don't have a clue. That at their "Bad Boy" image being ruined by soccer moms droppign kids off at a skate park for a day.

I snowboard, I've been doing that for, wow, 17 years or so. I watched the sport change, slightly, over teh years. Acceptance and mainstreaming are two totally diffrent things. I still get sneers for being a "Knuckle Dragger" at some hills, and there are at least a dozen resorts that do not allow 'boards.

Personally, I'm not worried about paintball going big time. I welcome it. Problem is that paintball players are not quite ready to be thrust into the limelight. The words "MEdia Coach" comes to mind.

The so-called "Suits" are in it for the money, don't kid yourself. It's no diffrent than anyone else's buisness. I can't fault them for making a living.

IMHO : Paintball isn't ready for "Mainstreaming", it's being rushed into the public media. It will be, but just not now. We need to grow up a lot first.

-Tyger

"Oh, you're wearing a tail and ears, you're a freak."
    "No social change has ever come about without freaks. Einstein was a freak. Ben Franklin was a freak. Martin Luther King was a freak. ...be proud to be included in those ranks."
    -2, The Ranting Gryphon

In March I believe.. EMR is having some sort of Mafia-based scenario.. I heard that Tom may be attending, and having a 'family' of his own... Can anyone verify this? If true.. I think we should have a mag-based Family..
    [insert yet to be made Stewie from Familyguy sig pic.. use him and I will be sad]

Feedback thread: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=0d76afaf5a78b6f79cf2977376a4c191&threadid=177222

Good Traders/sellers/buyers: ß.C., Dansim, yllwsmrf, Cris8762, Mossman,

From PBnation: Philthismax, Eniac101, Devilstar2k2

I think if a kid shoots a car it is because we as experianced players have failed to show how paintball markers should be treated. I can also promise that if a car is shot it is with a talon or tippmann or somthing like that not an angel.
    The people who are shooting cars and unsuspecting people dont care. Most of them have no idea how big paintball realy is and have no respect. Also I have heard many stories of kids with angels ans such doing drive by's on the highway. Im just saying thatI think the sport should be heading in more of a speedball type game where people dont go into their backyards and play. If we start playing at more established fields and less outlaw ball maybe we will be respected and actualy become a popular sport. Im not saying I dont want our sport be popular and respect.

I agree that people who shoot cars don't care, but I don't think a kid who has played, knows the sport, and has been treated well by more experianced players will go "crazy" out of nowhere and start shooting up their town and if we make paintball known enough and bring it into the main stream that type of behavior will be passed over as much as crimes with baseball bats. Also I have never seen any misuse of high end guns and I am very closly affiliated with the Vernal City Police Department, it is usually the walmart specials. I think alot of the paintball horror stories are nothing more than urban legends I have tried to research several of the more grusom ones and can not find case numbers, perpitrators, or victim names. Don't get me wrong there are problems with people doing stupid things with paintball markers, but alot of what is commonly used against paintball didn't actually happen or didn't happen how it is told. I have had arguments with people who have heard of a kid who had his eye shot out with a paintball gun, but even the kid says it was a rock out of a sling shot. If you hear paintball horror stories do your homework and find out what really happened and make sure the story stays with what actually happened. I think it is more exagerations and rumors that are hurting our sport than actual events.

Bryce Eden-Team captain of Dyslexia

yea I agree that mostly stuff liek that is done by walmart guns and such but I have heard stories, but again the kids who would say somehting liek that would also lie so, probably just BS

djbea,

I don't write articles for anyone, I'm just a shmoe on the internet.

I sometimes write long winded posts when something bugs me. I wouldn't say that I write with anger, but more of when I have a great distaste or passion for something. Maybe a bad thing, I guess.

Maybe I should look into writing in a super happy happy style?

My father is a writer. He has a couple of books published in Korea. It's too bad that I can't read them. Well, I can read them, I just can't comprehend what I am reading.

djbea, perhaps I'll look into writing. It certainly is a thing that I enjoy.

For some reason, I am tired of this name 'nippinout.' I came up with it in high school. I'm not saying that I'm too mature or too old for it. It just isn't me anymore.

Back to paintball!!!

I love rec ball. I love having fun. Where else could I play speedball without a gun.

I think for the AO Super-Ultra-Megameet 2003, we should have a AO Scenario/Big game. But with the logistics of a project that big, and a possible Shatnerball II...

It certainly would be fun though. I do believe that if it were AO only, it would turn into a paint fest. I might as well take a case of paint and throw it in the garbage.

Originally posted by Blev
    I am a big tourney player but after the Toys For Tots game
    3 weeks ago at my feild in Dalton GA I think the big games are super fun and the guys from {24hourgames.com} put on a wonderful game also we raised around $5000 dollars worth of toys for the tft and my self,(bob)theangelguy,scott and a few more team mates got to shoot up a bunch of people
    that allways funnn
    This scenerio game at Regulators Outpost was the first scenerio I was able to play in. My wife and I had a blast!! There is nothing better than helping out a great cause like TFT, but to get to play paintball for 24 hours too!

This year I have been introduced to both tourney style and scenerio games. My first tourney I got lucky and got picked up by a team needing a 3rd player, we managed second in a pickup mini-3man. I don't expect to do that well again any time soon without some serious practice. I proved that recently, being picked up again by a team needing a 3rd. I promptly got shot off the field first each game. (though I did manage to take someone with me on 2 of the 4 games)

I was also lucky enough to have a scenerio game hosted near me at regs. We played that game and loved it too. I like the target-rich environment of scenerios. It is a real rush to ambush 8 players and take them all out before getting eliminated yourself! But the challenge to be a better tourney player, getting faster, and improving my snap-shooting playing speedball, along with the fast pace of the games, is also something I enjoy.

I think money for money, we will play more scenerio, and woods ball right now. We are hoping to be able to attend all of the big games and scenerios that Regulators Outpost will host. I am going to try to make some of the other scenerios in the area close to us also.

According to the 24hourgames.com site, the next scenerio at Regs field is March 15-16th 2003. We are going to try to be there!

G
    TAG Factory Support Team
    Rebuildable Angel Ball Detents for LED, LCD, IR3! as well as ALL ULE bodies
    Old age and treachery will prevail over youth and skill!

My Feedback Thread
    TAG Sportz
    COG

I play 3 or 4 a year with my team (mostly MXS games)but would do it more if there were any at all closer to central KY as it is we have to DRIVE about 8 hours to get a good scenerio.

My Asian Brotha!

Nippinout, my Asian Brotha, what's your new nick going to be?

If you do get any articles written, let me know, and I will see what I can do to try to get your article into a magazine or online somewhere. I would be more than happy to open the door for you. And that goes for anyone interested. SHartley, you too, man. You have much to say and with great interest, most importantly...

Be safe and have fun New Year's Eve!

God Bless.
    Sincerely,
    Bea

Re: My Asian Brotha!

Originally posted by saltydog
    Nippinout, my Asian Brotha, what's your new nick going to be?

If you do get any articles written, let me know, and I will see what I can do to try to get your article into a magazine or online somewhere. I would be more than happy to open the door for you. And that goes for anyone interested. SHartley, you too, man. You have much to say and with great interest, most importantly...

Be safe and have fun New Year's Eve!

God Bless.
    Sincerely,
    Bea

Is this Bea Youngs??? My Asian Brotha? Yow...

~Fred

why does eveyone complain about the language used in tournys? in other sports f-bombs are not causes for penalties and are not looked at with the shock and horror that some on this and other sites do. i have never played in a major tourament but i have played in some very intense football games and even the refs used "salty" language. cheating is certainly something to be mad at, and perhaps even language used not in the playing field, but someone venting frustration during the course of a major game should be given the slack to drop an f-bomb if the need arises.

Originally posted by logamus
    why does eveyone complain about the language used in tournys? in other sports f-bombs are not causes for penalties and are not looked at with the shock and horror that some on this and other sites do.
    They are in Rugby. If you swear you get warned, and then penalised by 10 metre's lost ground at a time.

With Rugby, you see fans of both teams sat next to each other in the crowd. You see them with their young families. And you see them drinking alchohol but there is never any trouble.

Lead by example on the pitch and then see how the rest will follow.

I think there are many lessons to be learned from Rugby

manike

Cursing is also illegal in Lacrosse, it'll get you a penalty.

Also, in professional hockey you can get fined depending on the circumstances. Most curses obviously wouldn't be heard since there's glass in the way and such, but players have been fined for "unprofessional conduct" and such.

thordic, i have never in my life seen a hocey player penalized for using foul language during a game. i have been penalized for using foul language directed a at a linesman but thats a different story. as far as rugby and lacrosse, i am not familiar with either but i still think enforcement of the physical rules (cheating) is far more important that enforcemet of foul language.

Originally posted by logamus
    as far as rugby and lacrosse, i am not familiar with either but i still think enforcement of the physical rules (cheating) is far more important that enforcemet of foul language.
    I personally don’t think it is a “more important” than any other rule or standard issue. It is about class, sportsmanship, and promoting the sport in a positive manner. Sure, bad language will slip out from time to time, but it does not have to be a “tolerated” aspect of the sport.

Good sportsmanship is something that should be enforced in all sports, and IS in many. What some folks fail to realize is that a sport is more than its rules and the game itself. And too many people seem to think that to be “tough” you have to have a mouth like a trash bin. This is sad, and far from the truth.

Oh no…. we had better watch out though, folks will come and say we are displaying Soccer Mom mentality (as has been claimed before on AO.). But in all honesty, if showing a little class and self restraint is Soccer Mom mentality, then I am all for it. Look what has been happening with School Sports lately, and from what has been deemed “acceptable”. The crap we see now days in the news concerning this would NEVER be seen 10 years ago as a common thing.

So, I personally think that if Paintball is to gain social acceptance, it needs to keep some sort of control on all aspects of the sport… and that includes the language used on and off the fields. Again, self control does not make you LESS of a person, it makes you MORE.