View Poll Results: Have you played a scenario game?

Voters
268. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes as many as I can

94 35.07%
  • I would if they were in my area

149 55.60%
  • not really interested

25 9.33%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Scenario Players???? Poll

i understand your arguments i just think that cheating is a far more serious item to be addressed. if you have wiping in a major tourny that far outshadows some cussing. i just dont think you can put those things on an even level because one impacts the sport. if this sport is view as a sport of cheaters nobody will give a rip about what words come out of our mouths. personally i would rather be thought of as a foul mouthed honest to a fault player than a cheater. i can agree that everyone should watch their mouths, but we also need to have some tolerance for people under stress that may not share the same views on acceptable language.

ps. is this a hostile take over of a thread or what.

Originally posted by logamus
    i understand your arguments i just think that cheating is a far more serious item to be addressed. if you have wiping in a major tourny that far outshadows some cussing. i just dont think you can put those things on an even level because one impacts the sport. if this sport is view as a sport of cheaters nobody will give a rip about what words come out of our mouths. personally i would rather be thought of as a foul mouthed honest to a fault player than a cheater. i can agree that everyone should watch their mouths, but we also need to have some tolerance for people under stress that may not share the same views on acceptable language.

ps. is this a hostile take over of a thread or what.
    LOL I guess I am not like you in one way…. I will not settle for one or the other. I will not settle for being thought of as a foul mouthed honest player, OR a cheater.

BMX and snowboard sponsors usually don't let their participants use foul language. Also, I think paintball is in a growing stage and needs to be very strict on sportsmanship and conduct. I have local speedball tournies and a scenario game that are aired live on local TV. If a player was to lose his/her cool and start cursing, I would have a lot of major problems and my paintball broadcasting days would probably be over. I think conduct is very important, and the need to curse if something doesn't go as planned shows a lack of dicipline that shows poorly on an individual or team. I think that if the NPPL and Pan Am decide to let people openly curse during matches it will be much harder to get major paintball on TV. Keep the language clean and act professionally, and paintball will be accepted much faster.

Bryce Eden-team captain of Dyslexia

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Happy New Year!!!

Love always,
    Bea

WOOHOOO! 2003!!!!
    Achieve the Impossible - BEAggressive!

someone sure is happy about this New Year!! Now, Bea...tell us how you really feel?!

Originally posted by shartley

LOL I guess I am not like you in one way…. I will not settle for one or the other. I will not settle for being thought of as a foul mouthed honest player, OR a cheater.
    Exactly my sentiment, but aren't we straying from topic a bit here?
    Thanks, Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling, CPPA founder

Here is my user feedback thread. and my online jottings

In the tree right outside your bedroom window
    I'd love to go to a few scenario games, but i never seem to hear about them till theyre over. Anyone know when another game coming near San Diego or L.A.? How bout anywhere in California for that matter?
    Tacofest '04

check out http://www.scenariopaintballcalendar.com/ it lists all the events scheduled by the major scenario producers.