Thread: "Private Label" wtf?

"Private Label" wtf?

Whats all this "Private Label" stuff, i saw it on PBN and here.

Someone used it to describe a micro emag.

I thought "Private Label" was a small company or something noones heard of. a PTP Micro-E isnt.

I'm wrong?

Explain.

Quote Originally Posted by behemoth
    Whats all this "Private Label" stuff, i saw it on PBN and here.

Someone used it to describe a micro emag.

I thought "Private Label" was a small company or something noones heard of. a PTP Micro-E isnt.

I'm wrong?

Explain.

Private label refers to the "Private Label" shockers as a general rule - such as Octane, Dark, Shocktech etc. There private companies in this case having SP produce a special Shocker to put there name on with certain features etc generally designed by them.

The label seems to be retroactively applied to the E-mags produced by PTP using AGD valves and internals.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

Well, I guess you called a Micro a "private label" gun, but I sure never felt the need. I always thought of it as a physical variation on the mag. Just a whole body upgrade sorta thing. And PTP never touted it as "The PTP MicrMag!". Now if you look at all of the variations of the Impulse. Those I would definately consider a private label gun. There were like, twelve variations of the dang things! And they usually went be their "private label" name. "Nasty" Impulse, "Freak Factory" Impulse, "Eclipse" Impulse, and so on.

Meh.....people just like to define things in a new way from time to time to feel more like "insiders"

Oh, ok.

Like a SFL or Micro E would be a Private Label AGD product.

Thanks.

Lohman446's got it. ^^^^^ yes
    My Guns: chrome and black pump mag
    -black 2k sniper 2
    -32* vision imp with ups, ECS, reloader B
    -was'd imp w/ i-frame and all ups, warp feed
    -88/3000 and 48/3000 tanks

AIM: Paintball1084

my feedback

Quote Originally Posted by behemoth
    Oh, ok.

Like a SFL or Micro E would be a Private Label AGD product.

Thanks.
    Basicly that's correct but I think the term is more frequently used when the original mfg. make "special" versions.

Pretty much all of the popular guns have them (Russian Legion Timmy for example) to an extent but it's mostly SP (all the branded Impulses as said above).
    "Relax. Don't worry. Have a Home Brew."
    -Charlie Papazian

Feedback: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=40134

To be honest...

I only see it as a way to try to convince somoene to pay more than what's normally asked for a Micro-E.

What sounds more "expensive?"

PTP Micro E-Mag?

or

"Private Label" Micro E-Mag.

PBN Feedback AO Feedback eBay Feedback

DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS (Rob Kenny and Matt Bradley) LIVE @ www.djinnuendo.com TUES 2/8 - 8 to 10PM

but diddnt ptp invent the e-mag pretty much?

Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    Private label refers to the "Private Label" shockers as a general rule - such as Octane, Dark, Shocktech etc. There private companies in this case having SP produce a special Shocker to put there name on with certain features etc generally designed by them.

The label seems to be retroactively applied to the E-mags produced by PTP using AGD valves and internals.
    ok lohman, bump the useful posts to 6 now

Private Label is a Marker that's manufactured by the original manufacturer in the name of another for that other company to retail as thier own model.

In SP's case, I takes an upfront fee (used to be $14K) and committment of a certain minimum quantity of units (50) and they will manufacture a Shocker, Impulse,Nerve, etc to your specifications and branded in your name. Don't hold me to those exact figures tho, it was something along those lines IIRC.

A MicroEmag is NOT a private label marker as it IS manufactured by the retailler/distributor.
    Logic Paintball Forums
    My A O Feedback Here
    Other Feedback Here
    If I've Been Any help
    Please Leave Some.

They are a nice option. I have a normal '03 shocker and then I got a ton ton. Different grip frame, asa, trigger, and the entire gun was annod one color. Not that much more either. Thanks and God Bless.