Thread: Connector & Wire Crimping Services

Connector & Wire Crimping Services

Connector & Wire Crimping Services

Tired of soldering all your wires in your marker?

Wish your E-Mag solenoid had a removable connector to your board?

Want a better solution?

I can crimp connectors on 26-30awg wires for almost all electronic component for you!

Each wire can be cut and then crimped with a "pig-tail" to make wiring up your marker a 60 second task.

I recommend using the 2-pos connectors as they are used by 90% of the board and electronic companies you can get components from, however, other size connectors are avaliable.
    (currently 4-pos connectors are not avalible)

Here is a picture of a AGD marker I made a custom wire harness for. Notice the Solenoid, Battery snap, Trigger switch, and eye plugs all have a simple disconnectable plug crimped to them.

Specs on the crimps:

The female ends (commonly found on the ends of your solenoids and battery snaps) are 1.5mm style.
    The male ends are a matching mate to the male ends and take the same connectors as the male housings.

Both connectors are 2-pos, single row. (I do have 3-pos connectors comming for use on the HES in an E-Mag!)
    All parts are RoHos compliant (if you love that mother earth stuff!)

How this all works:

(1) Order a wire harness for your UTB (or any other board you may want to install)
    - If you did NOT purchase your parts through me, you may send them to me for connector installation. (such as solenoids, caps, other wire harneses, ect)

(2) Layout all the parts in your gun/setup the way you wish them to look for the final product.
    - Connectors add 0.385" (9.85mm) MORE length to your layout. Please plan to ADD this length in your calculations.
    - YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE for the proper lengths requested upon sending components to me for crimping.*

(3) Cut all your wires on your harness and components so they are to the lengths you need.
    - If you are un-certain of the needed wire length, leave it LONGER! You can always send that component in later when you choose.
    - It is also a good idea to plan for wire management if you are the neat freak that I am about loose wires. If you plan to run the wires in bunches, plan to have them setup this way prior to making any adjustments and cutting.

(4) Mark out ALL the wires with a ledgable diagram to where they go and what components.
    - This would be important in the case where your solenoid polarity is key.
    - I recommend using a simple wire diagram layout chart. Dont get too carried away with it! A simple "Solenoid + (red wire) to EP Solenoid wire (blue wire) on UTB" is all it takes to make it simple. You can print this diagram, label what each wire goes to, and send it into the package.
    - Please REFRAIN from using JUST COLOR to note the wires you want to mate the components with. The UTB has 2 different wire harnesses avalible. Please use the corresponding NAMES & COLORS from the wire harness you are sending in.
    - If you do not send a wire diagram with your parts, I will do my best. In the event that the connector fails/components damage/must be re-crimped, I am NOT responsible.

(5) Send the harness, wire diagram, and components to me, I will crimp and install connectors on all wires requested.

(6) I send all components back to you after receiving payment.
    - I accept Paypal ONLY. Please DO NOT send cash. If you are paying with a credit card or any other service that adds fees, please add 3%.

This is a really simple way to replace parts in your gun if you dont want to desolder and re-solder everything. If done right, it can make an install look verfy clean and simple!

Cost: $2 per male connector / $2 per female connector ( there are 2 wires to every 1 connector). So, if your want your solenoid to have a connector as well as the wire harness, it would be $4 dollars. (prices DO NOT include shipping, please plan to add $5 as a minimum)

I would RECOMMEND having the solenoid, battery connector, and trigger done. I can install connectors on the LED as well. So if you want a really tight install on that, it can be done!

** This post will be revised WEEKLY ** I have been working from my home and remotely on my laptop. If you have any questions,.. please post them PUBLICLY first so I can update my FAQ section.

~ P8nt
    Last edited by p8ntbal4me; 12-28-2008 at 08:59 PM. Reason: adding info

Question Section:

#1)

Pictures and Specs Updated

~ P8nt

Cool

I need one set up for my Emag solenoid and Morlock board.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmarx
    I need one set up for my Emag solenoid and Morlock board.
    You talking about the one that you have already with the older one,.. or is this a new project I havent seen yet.

~ P8nt