Thread: Battery charging time

Battery charging time

I just received my Xmag and the battery was dead.

So I charged it in my car today and it took only 20 minutes before the green light was on. Does it really take only 20 minutes to charge de battery?

The old owner got this battery in 2006 and only played like 2-3 times with the Xmag so I don't think the battery is dead.. well I hope not

Thanks

if it charges too quick then it prolly is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Ruler_Mark
    if it charges too quick then it prolly is dead
    Thanks Mark

but, darn I was affraid of that answer...
    Funny that the battery was bought in 06 and used like 2-3 times and it's already dead.... hmmmm ah well.

How long does it usually take to charge the battery in full? like 2-3 hours?

And last question.. I am sure this ha been asked already but I did not find the thread.
    Which replacement battery would be best and are they better than the AGD ones?
    Because I think AGD still has batteries on the website.

Thanks aga

rechargable batteries if left uncharged will die pretty quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Coralis
    rechargable batteries if left uncharged will die pretty quickly
    Oh well then I am pretty sure that is what happened...

Thanks guys.. I guess I will need a new battery

Had the same problem, 10 min light went green, bought a new battery guess what! Same problem, switched chargers and all was fine. Now i have a spare battery.

It's worth looking into before you get a new battery.

Quote Originally Posted by AJoe
    Had the same problem, 10 min light went green, bought a new battery guess what! Same problem, switched chargers and all was fine. Now i have a spare battery.

It's worth looking into before you get a new battery.
    hummm, how do i see if the charger is not working correctly?

The day after I charge the battery I can charge it again and it takes another 20-40 minutes and that is why I thought my battery was dead.

Also. I just tried it and when I shoot in Emod the first shot fires correctly and then my second shot fires in full auto for maybe 10 shots and stops.

Is that also another sign my battery is dead?

thanks

Well now it's pretty much official
    My battery is dead as I charged it and checked the voltage at my parents house and it shows 14 volts... not good

So I will need a new battery.. bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown
    Well now it's pretty much official
    My battery is dead as I charged it and checked the voltage at my parents house and it shows 14 volts... not good

So I will need a new battery.. bummer.

if the batt may still be good just needs to get charged. the charger gets confused within its circuits with batts that are too low. try charging it several times in sucession

Quote Originally Posted by Ruler_Mark
    if the batt may still be good just needs to get charged. the charger gets confused within its circuits with batts that are too low. try charging it several times in sucession
    I did charge it I would say 4-5 times till the light went green and one time for about 2 hours more after the light went green.

But I could try it again to see.

Thanks for the info

I allways leave mine on overnite , if I remember correctly the red light is fast charge , the green light is trickle charge , it should charge up to almost 18 volts & will operate the solenoid down to about 14 volts , you may also try discharging it a little more ( just leave the Disconnect pin out for a day ) then charging it

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic
    I allways leave mine on overnite , if I remember correctly the red light is fast charge , the green light is trickle charge , it should charge up to almost 18 volts & will operate the solenoid down to about 14 volts , you may also try discharging it a little more ( just leave the Disconnect pin out for a day ) then charging it
    Thanks I will try that.

But I would thought that when the fast charge (green light on) is finished it would at least bring it up to 18 volts.

And I thought the gun could not operate well under 16,8 Volts in Emod... at 14 volts I was having full auto bursts on Semi Auto mod. And I thought that problem was caused by not having a battery with 16,8 or more volts.

If I am wrong about the volts thing, I am going to find out why I am having full auto on Emod

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic
    14v sounds too low to be dwindled down to, forget the exact numbers though.

You are correct about the trickle charge.