Thread: 3rd gen micromag body + emag lowers?

3rd gen micromag body + emag lowers?

Is this even possible? I like the older style bodies more plus the powerfeed goes better with my warp.

Also how the heck do you get the emag sear out of the lowers?

To get the sear out, you have to take the circlip (E clip actually) off of the noid. Just push it off with a small flat screwdriver... then then noid/sear and all will pull out of the top of the frame... Granted that you've taken the sear pin out first.

DM

If you use the emag sear in the micromag body, you will need to trim the emag sear bushing so that it is flush with the side of the sear. Do that or get a proper micro-emag sear that is already trimmed.

You will need a frame spacer as well, and also a shorter micro-emag on-off pin.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Good luck getting the sear to fit even after trimming the bushing. Mines not even close!

Quote Originally Posted by athomas
    If you use the emag sear in the micromag body, you will need to trim the emag sear bushing so that it is flush with the side of the sear. Do that or get a proper micro-emag sear that is already trimmed.

You will need a frame spacer as well, and also a shorter micro-emag on-off pin.
    Correct, but good luck finding just a frame spacer.....unless there are some still available in the micro-emag PTP dealers thread.......

Quote Originally Posted by SummaryJudgement
    Correct, but good luck finding just a frame spacer.....unless there are some still available in the micro-emag PTP dealers thread.......
    I have an extra spacer

Quote Originally Posted by Madmarx
    Good luck getting the sear to fit even after trimming the bushing. Mines not even close!
    To make the bushing fit, you just need to file it flush with the sides of the sear. It files quite easily. I did one before and it worked beautifully.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas
    To make the bushing fit, you just need to file it flush with the sides of the sear. It files quite easily. I did one before and it worked beautifully.
    The sear itself is still too thick to fit either of my micro bodies.
    Maybe the 2 emag sears I have are thicker than norm or the 2 micro bodies I have are narrower than they should be.

I'm building a PTP Micro E Mag right now also , I have a gen 4 or 5 PTP body , I have 3 E Mag sears , none of the 3 will fit , (1) the width of the bushing needs to be only as thich as the sear , (2) the width of the sear needs to be at least .004 to .008 thinner (3) the sear pin hole must be sized to fit the PTP sear pin ( from .125 up to .185 )
    I recently talked to some one else that is also working on 1 of these , he has a origional PTP sear & he verifid all my measurments ( within a couple .000 )

the brass bushing will be easy to modify , but the sear is made of hardened steel ( IIRC ) so it will be tougher to work with