Thread: Freak Inserts

Freak Inserts

So I just bought a new Deadlywind Carbon Fibur barrel and full Freak insert kit. So I was trying to add the inserts to the barrel and they are really, really snug. I didn't want to push them in too hard and scratch everything up. I'm not really familiar with the Freak set or the Deadlywind barrel, is this how its supposed to be or is something not right here?

There is a small o-ring inside mine like on a regular freak back so if it's brand new and dry it may slide in a little tough.

I had the exact same issue. It was very very snug.

I emailed Deadlywind and they said to put a little oil on your fingers and rub the outside of the freak insert before you push it in. The first time is a little tough, but don't be afraid, just push it in straight on.

anyone else getting a little hot and bothered by that last post? haha... anyways, i suggest taking oil and putting it on the o-ring rather than the inserts, that way all the inserts are easier to insert, hence the name "insert"

Is the deadlywind barrel worth it?
    I've got plenty of freak barrels and inserts and all that jazz,
    but is the carbon fibur really worth it?

If I get it in a 14" would it be as accurate as my 14" freak... just lighter?

The Deadlywind barrel is one of the lightest barrels I have ever felt. Mine is 16" and I can barely tell that its there. Plus it looks really cool too.

Does the accuracy compare to the freaks?

the accuracy would be identical seeing as the front part of botht he freak and the DW barrel are larger bores than the actual insert. the only part of the barrel that actually touches the ball is the insert. This means that if you shot a 14" AA fronted freak, a 14" teardropped freak, a 14" bored out dye ul with freak inserts, and a 14" DW barrel with freak inserts... they will shoot the same as long as you use the same insert in each one.

the only real reason to get the DW barrel is weight reduction and looks. and seeing as aluminum isnt all that heavy and the barrel looks do not make me pwn more people, i do not feel it is worth it. However... if i could get one cheap enough i would certainly pick one up because DW makes some of the best products in the world