Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BPS "Showdown" - PRIZES

Arrow BPS "Showdown" - PRIZES

Alright, we have heard the bragging about XX BPS - its time to step up and prove it. Lets see who really has the fastest fingers on AO.

What:
    A BPS "showdown" for members of AO - highest BPS AVERAGE wins

Prizes: (subject to change)
    All support is at the pleasure of those offering it - it may be withdrawn at any time if they feel things are not legite.
    Bragging rights
    Ok, I'll throw in $25 or a prize of my choosing (if a prize of my choosing will be worth more than $20). to first place
    Bound for Glory has generously offered to throw in $15 to first place
    Beemer: $50 to first place, $25 to second
    Totals so far: 1st place $90 2nd place $25 bragging rights for all places
    Participation award (subject to 10+ entries): One entry who does not "earn" a prize will be randomly selected for a participation award, to be eligibile you must post a video. Post, even if you may not win
    Anyone else care to sponsor this thing?

When does it end:
    Lets pick a good date, all entries must be submitted by June 30th

Conditions: (subject to change)
    Winner based on highest BPS AVERAGE over 8 seconds of video - contestants will use the highest 8 second average of there video if longer than 8 seconds
    1) Marker must be fired with paint
    2) Must have video that shows each individual trigger pull and be able to correlate each pull to a single ball firing - raking is allowed only if we can verify each trigger pull through movement.
    3) Enhanced firing modes are not allowed - marker must be ASTM compliant (in regards to trigger), strict semi only and the marker must not fire when shaken with the safety off and marker on - video must start with you "shaking" the marker forward and back to indicate trigger is set to these standards. You then must "jolt" the back of the tank to show it will not fire
    4) Must have 8 seconds of firing (why 8 and not 10? - well if you do manage 20 BPS this allows most standard hoppers to continue). If video is longer than 8 seconds can use whatever 8 seconds (continual) is of highest average
    5) Soundgraph analysis will be done and your AVERAGE BPS will be your score.
    6) Soundgraph analysis will be done to the best of the judges ability, not responsible for errors.
    7) Soundgraph analysis will be done, to the best of the judges abilities, to 1 tenth of BPS.
    8) If there is a tie the winner will be the person who posted there video first (I needed an incentive to get posts up) This will also go for place (1st / 2nd/ etc)
    9) For members of AO - must have more than 50 posts before the time this was posted to participate. New members who have been part of discussion but do not meet this may be
    allowed in at my discretion only
    10) Rule 10. "On my AO Honor this is semi only[no bounce, modes, etc...] My Honor means something to me. Does yours?" I expect to see this statement when you post a link as part of participating
    Please see the bottom of this post for additional rules and clarifications

What I still need for this to work, and contest is VOID if cannot get. Impartial judges capable of soundwave analysis of various submissions. If this turns into a fight between judges and contestants, or into petty bickering, at my discretion contest is VOID. Step up those of you who have skill and time, and help out. I will appreciate your help.

I reserve the right to modify this contest at my sole discretion as needs arise.

Edited for clarification

More ninja edit: I believe it would be beneficial if it was shot in a way to help eliminate echos and false signatures. If judges cannot differentiate between shots and echos that entry will be void.

With the help of AO the following rule clarifications and additions have been made
    - video submitted must be of one hopper - this keeps us from having to look for the "fastest" string out of two hours
    - Video must be a single shot. No edits and cuts
    - Video must start with view of player and marker; then show the marker mode; then back to the player and marker.
    - Video must show the person actually firing the trigger, with visual access to the trigger fingers.
    - Video must be paintball only; no bragging, political statements; insults, or whatever.
    - Please post what marker you are using, and any relevant information along with video (or link)
    -Also along with the shake I want to see a sharp JOLT to the back of the tank. Safety off must not fire.
    -Please do not shoot at a target (or if you do use one far away) - the sounds of the balls hitting the target echos and makes it harder to determine actual shots - if we have an issue determining shots from echoes your entry will be rejected.

With the great support of AO this is becoming more than I expected - Beemer has been very gracious in his support. All support is at the pleasure of those offering it - it may be withdrawn at any time if they feel things are not legite.

Standings
    1) 68MagOwner - 15.8 balls per second
    2) DRG 13.8 balls per second
    3) DJ89 13 balls per second
    4) MonsterMag 12.5 balls per second
    5) Jeneral Jam - 12 balls per second
    6) AGD Lover - 8.3 balls per second

Last edited by Lohman446; 07-02-2005 at 09:27 PM.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

One of you mods please sticky this until contest is over and the winner has been posted.

-Evil Bob

yakitori Guest
    I guess that excludes me . I would have to shoot another vid then? Crap that was a headache trying to get it posted though.

I think I will stay out of this contest, just to see what others can do, I already know what I did, so Im satisfied w/ my results.

This a a great idea lohman.

yakitori Guest
    ya know it would also be cool if the top 5 or so fastest were listed in order, so that they know where they stand compared to others online.

I can list the top however many, or give a score sheet assuming I get a judge who is willing to do this work for nothing. I'm doing the easy part, promotion, its the judge(s) that will have the hard job.

What I would like to see is average speed, and highest speed sustained for one second (just to know) from each contestant... but thats asking a lot of judges I don't even have yet.

yakitori Guest
    k, Im thinking about it now. I may just have to whip out the dremmel and fix up my stock viking trigger. Ill think about it. Its gonna take some time though. Its a lot of trouble to uninstall and reinstall the triggers on my viking. it took me a long time to get it set to where it is now.

I want to see how others turn out first. If I feel that I can compete or actaully win, then I will go through the trouble, but if the first two vids someone is ripping way faster than I can, then I wont bother.

I would be willing to judge.

We have a sound guy here at work that will do the analysis.

Lohman:
    Hit me up on my gmail
    steelsoul@gmail.com
    RT
    14in Lapco Bigshot
    Raptor 68/4500
    Revvy
    Good Traders:
    fire1811, Psychobillygoat,Chris,Tolley,rpm07,smegle5

Wc Keep Guest
    cant you seperate this into two contests? one for mech guns since i think alot of people here have mags, and electros?

lohman, i'll throw in 15 like you asked me to do in the other thread. i'll back this.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSoul
    I would be willing to judge.

We have a sound guy here at work that will do the analysis.

Lohman:
    Hit me up on my gmail
    steelsoul@gmail.com

Sounds like a great offer Steel, and I hit your G-mail

Quote Originally Posted by Wc Keep
    cant you seperate this into two contests? one for mech guns since i think alot of people here have mags, and electros?
    Thats a good idea.. perhaps, depending on how this one goes, we'll do another later for mech guns only. I would prefer to do one at a time, to not overload anyone who has offered there support.

oh exciting... I'm getting an NME in a week or 2.. let's keep this open a little longer. June 5th about?

Bragging rights after the contest is over...

heheheheheheheeeeee
    my feedback
    countdown on devilmag day........ill let you now

hey, i've got a question. I am interested in partaking in this competition, have a camera that i could take the video with and post it relatively easiely, and have an emag that i can believe i can walk fast enough to compete(or possibly rake). The only problem is that I use a qloader, and that only gives 100 rounds before i run out. my question:
    Would it be alright if i used my qlaoder for the first 100 shots, proving that the marker was using paint correctly, and then dry-fire the rest of the 8 seconds? my emag has stock software, 3.2 so half-cycling or whatever the paint is for should not have an impact on my rof.
    If you won't let me enter the competition, can i still enter a vid and get it gold-waved?
    Thanks guys
    -JAM
    you know you play this game too much when the neighbors stop fixing their broken windows...

Quote Originally Posted by jenarelJAM
    hey, i've got a question. I am interested in partaking in this competition, have a camera that i could take the video with and post it relatively easiely, and have an emag that i can believe i can walk fast enough to compete(or possibly rake). The only problem is that I use a qloader, and that only gives 100 rounds before i run out. my question:
    Would it be alright if i used my qlaoder for the first 100 shots, proving that the marker was using paint correctly, and then dry-fire the rest of the 8 seconds? my emag has stock software, 3.2 so half-cycling or whatever the paint is for should not have an impact on my rof.
    If you won't let me enter the competition, can i still enter a vid and get it gold-waved?
    Thanks guys
    -JAM
    I would like to see where you placed on those terms, however I would asterik the results and note them as "unofficial" due to that and make you ineligible for prizes. I would like to see where you stack up though. Thats the fairest solution I can seem to come up with and I think its reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    2) Must have video that shows each individual trigger pull and be able to correlate each pull to a single ball firing - raking is allowed only if we can verify each trigger pull through movement.
    Good Luck.

The only way you can judge a contest like this would be to have standard equipment and a standard recording method.

Quote Originally Posted by SlartyBartFast
    Good Luck.

The only way you can judge a contest like this would be to have standard equipment and a standard recording method.

Do you beleive its undoable to get to an acceptable degree of accuracy as it has been proposed? I realize it won't be perfect but is it one of those things that has not possible positive ending?

Do you beleive its undoable to get to an acceptable degree of accuracy as it has been proposed? I realize it won't be perfect but is it one of those things that has not possible positive ending?
    It MIGHT work. And I wish you all the luck.

But considering the few videos that get made and the roaring debates over those that are made, well....

Hey Slarty - good point. I agree that it needs to be standardized.

With that being said, I respectfully submit some tentative rules for consideration by Lohman:

- Video must be a single shot. No edits and cuts
    - Video must start with view of player and marker; then show the marker mode; then back to the player and marker.
    - Players must state the make and model of both the marker and the board.
    - Player must state his board settings, and somehow prove them. (this could be tough)
    - Video must show the person actually firing the trigger, with visual access to the trigger fingers.
    - Video must be paintball only; no bragging, political statements; insults, or whatever.

These are not official rules, simply submissions for consideration by Lohman.
    My AIM Intimidator is better than your Automag. Get over it.
    Hobart Paintball AIM Paintball

There will always be a lot of variable with this. A sound analysis is just that, sound. If the sound and the image can't be sync'd it becomes difficult to tell if the gun is fired with each pull.

If the camera is only a few feet from a hard wall the sound reflection off the wall could be misinterpreted as a shot fired.

Best bet is the video camera looking over left shoulder (if they are right had shooters) fairly close up enough to view the trigger, fingers and see the shots from the barrel. Images should be taken during the day in good light. All of this will help to get a more accurate count.

Finding the fastest 8 seconds is also rather subjective and relies on the interpreter of the media.

It's all doable as long as there is some consistency.

Lets see how this goes

Ok Lohman heres what I will do if you can pull this off.

$50 1st place

$25 2nd place

$25 for a keg Party after for the judges and all that help [to add..must be of legal age]

If it works I pay you and you handle it.

I can host some vids also. 10 meg or smaller is good like Yaks was.

Hitech put up some good links in the other thread and Yak got it figured out and he was a beginner so that part shouldnt be a biggie.

Slarty has some points. If it dont work, at least ya tried

Also along with the shake I want to see a sharp JOLT to the back of the tank. Safety off must not fire.

If LP and RR jump in its over.

Rule 10. On my AO Honor this is semi only[no bounce, modes, etc...] My Honor means something to me. Does yours.

I know it sounds lame but hey WTH

If the honor thing starts being an issue Im out. Except for the party part.

Wheres ZMan at hes a fun guy. Maybe he will help to with the goldwave. Hes a pro with that.

Peace Out

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

Last edited by Beemer; 05-18-2005 at 11:48 AM. Reason: to add

yup

tyrion2323 has some good points Lohman. Time to mod the rules

I modded and added some clarifications to the bottom of the rules

1st place now = $90
    Last edited by Beemer; 05-18-2005 at 12:33 PM. Reason: number change

u know, this is turnin out to be a very interesting idea. any chance in making this monthly? or even annual? (imagine a whole year's worth of bragging rights)

you can also do a whole series of competitions like this...

eg
    - fastest to fire 100 rounds ON TARGET (accuracy will also be measured)
    - fastest to fire 100 rounds on target while in motion (measured on speed, accuracy and distance traveled)
    - fastest to fire 500 rounds (this would entail reloading... without spilling.. or reloading 5 times with a qloader)

heh, mebe we should take this one step at a time...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jenarelJAM
    Thanks guys
    -JAM
    I would like to see where you placed on those terms, however I would asterik the results and note them as "unofficial" due to that and make you ineligible for prizes. I would like to see where you stack up though. Thats the fairest solution I can seem to come up with and I think its reasonable.
    alright, i think i'll try to borrow my friend's halo if he'll let me... if not, ill still submit 1-2 qpods full for kudos. Who else is going to compete? i think it would be nice to get a list of the competitors and some misc. info on the first post, so that we know what we're up against. Thats just me though... :P

Lohman
    This needs to be added

When they are shooting there marker they have to be shooting not at a target
    I have been studying some vids and you can hear the paintballs hitting the tagret
    So have them shoot at a target a long way away so I dont hear there inpacts.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSoul
    Lohman
    This needs to be added

When they are shooting there marker they have to be shooting not at a target
    I have been studying some vids and you can hear the paintballs hitting the tagret
    So have them shoot at a target a long way away so I dont hear there inpacts.
    Added a line to address that concern

i will hopefully be competing with a System X NME